Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random scale project to work on my modeling skills.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random scale project to work on my modeling skills.

I needed to step away from the airplanes for a bit so I wouldn’t burn myself out on scratch building.
    But I still like building things, so I randomly decided to build a 1:18th scale replica of my house. It is turning out to be more fun than I expected to be. I plan on permanently mounting the roof so that you can only see inside through the doors and windows. But I am aiming for extreme detail on everything that can be seen. As for what I’m going to do when it’s done… well I have no idea, maybe a scale house fire! Lol

That's awesome.

Comment

You live in a free standing apartment!

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        You live in a free standing apartment!
        I don't get what your saying?

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
          I don't get what your saying?
          Is your place 1 bedroom?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Is your place 1 bedroom?
            Ah, No it's a 1300sqft 3 bedroom house. I was still doing the rooms when I took that picture.

Comment

Roger that! Was trying to conceptualize.

Comment

When I was a kid, I used to watch the show on Discovery called Movie Magic every time it came on. I became obsessed with the Idea of working in special effects. I dreamt of moving back to Cali, and working in the movies. But when everything started going CGI, I lost interest. I still love making scale replicas of things, and sometimes blowing them up too.

Comment

Doesn't want to burn out on scratch building airplanes, so he scratch builds a house. Makes sense.

Comment

Well on its way now. Carpet going in, walls wall papered, and doors framed.

Also got the garage mostly painted. I need to come back and clean it up and add the white for the spackle.

I should be done by the end of the weekend.

Comment

The front door will open and close, but I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to pose the garage door open, or make it able to go up and down.

Comment

I admire your skills, but you have waaay to much time on your hands. Tell your wife to put out more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                          I admire your skills, but you have waaay to much time on your hands. Tell your wife to put out more.
                          Was thinking the same thing about time - I'm jealous to be honest about it.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

How are you going to add the non edged grass effect, or the 2 foot tall weeds that surrounded your house or is it not going to be an exact replica?

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                              How are you going to add the non edged grass effect, or the 2 foot tall weeds that surrounded your house or is it not going to be an exact replica?

lmao!!

Comment

Working...
                              X