Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Koenigsegg

fuck camshafts!

That's incredible! They estimate 30% less fuel consumption while simultaneously receiving a 30% bump in hp and tq? Just awesome.

Comment

Thanks for the share. It's a shame they didnt run the wagon on the video.

Comment

surprised this has taken so long, f1 cars have been using pneumatic valves for a long while.
        Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        That's incredible! They estimate 30% less fuel consumption while simultaneously receiving a 30% bump in hp and tq? Just awesome.
        it allows better valve timing, lift and duration and much better control by rpm/load than today's variable valve timing technologies.

win.
        www.hppmotorsports.com
        ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
          surprised this has taken so long, f1 cars have been using pneumatic valves for a long while.

it allows better valve timing, lift and duration and much better control by rpm/load than today's variable valve timing technologies.

win.
          I'm sure it's superior technology but at what cost?

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
            I'm sure it's superior technology but at what cost?
            With mass production the pricing will drop considerably. As a one-off system it's going to be outrageous. If SAAB (example from test mule) were to utilize it in 300,000 cars per year, the tech would suddenly become very accessible.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

i cant find it now but a year or so ago i watched a video about the koenigsegg factory and how they build the cars. i was blown away at how serious those guys are about building cars. when i get fuck you money i will buy a koenigsegg, not some douche canoe lambo or ferrari

Comment

Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                i cant find it now but a year or so ago i watched a video about the koenigsegg factory and how they build the cars. i was blown away at how serious those guys are about building cars. when i get fuck you money i will buy a koenigsegg, not some douche canoe lambo or ferrari
                Anyone that can afford a Koenigsegg likely has a full stable of "douche canoes."

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  Anyone that can afford a Koenigsegg likely has a full stable of "douche canoes."
                  i'll be the different one

Comment

REpost

http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ght=koenigsegg

here's the thread of the manufacturing of them. i agree with ya grove rat this would be the super car to buy not some lambo or Ferrari.
                    http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ght=koenigsegg
                    Last edited by dangerous_sep; 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM.

Comment

damn didnt see it the first time around

thanks for finding that other video, it was longer than i remember but very much worth the time

Comment

I was thinking I had read this before.

Still way cool technology.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                          Thanks for the share. It's a shame they didnt run the wagon on the video.
                          Nothing exciting, but one of the benefits of this new system is that it's quieter.

Comment

I wonder what this system could do for a thumper. Efficiency & Performance increases on multiple cylinder engines vs. single or twin cylinder engines.

Comment

Repost.... oh wait.
                              Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Working...
                              X