Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian motorcyclist chased by massive wolf

Dang!

Tim Bartlett, a mechanic from Alberta, Canada, was enjoying a long motorcycle ride down British Columbia's scenic Highway 93 when he spotted something unusual emerging from the woods: a massive wolf. And the wolf didn't just stand there – it chased Bartlett for nearly a mile, at times coming within ten feet of the mechanic.

“It was coming at me. It probably got to within a couple meters, easy, maybe a meter,” Bartlett told the National Post.

After the initial encounter, during which the wolf darted into the road, Bartlett slowed, took out his camera, and turned back for a closer look.

"When [the wolf] heard me coming, it jumped back over a [roadside] barrier and it started running. I sped up a little bit, it got in nice and close and I was driving with my right hand and clicking pictures with my left. When I first came back around, it came in really close; probably a bit too close. It would have been a real bad time to run out of gas."

According to Bartlett, the wolf continued the chase for roughly a kilometer, at speeds of 30 to 40 km/h.

"It was bigger than the biggest dog I’ve ever seen," he said to the National Post. “Even over the motor, I could hear it. I could hear its feet on the road."

The chase ended after other cars pulled up behind Bartlett and the wolf. "The last I saw it was running into the trees," he said.

Needs a Dr. Pepper can for size reference but that looks like a huge wolf!
    '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
    '13 Dodge Cummins
    '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Just compared to the front of that f150 it huge.

Comment

Such amazing looking animals. Either hungry or defending. I am just happy they did not kill the wolf.

Been face to face with a wolf... not sure who was scared more. I ran like crazy
        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

My mom and step dad had a full blooded Timberwolf In Az, Bandit was cool as hell. They got female shepherd to breed him with and he dug a Den out on there property that was big enough to park a small car in. When the monsoon rains came it collapsed after the puppies all came out and that when we found just how big it was. He could jump on the roof of there house and just walk around up there like he owned the place. and they would occasionally have to replace chickens from down the rd because he would jump the 6ft chainlink and go down to the neighbors who had chickens for a snack.

Comment

Working...
          X