No announcement yet.

I Got Bit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would keep it elevated and dont overuse it. just cover it with gauze as good as possible when you are at work.

Comment

Originally posted by Superwho View Post
      I had a bite like that a couple years ago. Gave me antibiotics and made a small incision. I had to pull the little gauze strip out a couple times a day to drain it. Have a very small scar but took about a week to go away. Never had to have a follow up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
      You took the gauze strip out a couple times a day to drain it, did you re-pack it yourself? I'm confused, they packed that stringy tape looking gauze in it to drain, and said I need to go to my regular Dr. so they can pull it out and re-pack it if it needed it and wouldn't drain without that stringy gauze keeping it opened to drain. I would love to just pull this stuff out and keep gauze over it.
      2 Chronicles 7:14
      If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
        I would keep it elevated and dont overuse it. just cover it with gauze as good as possible when you are at work.
        When does the swelling and redness usually subside? The fact that nothing has changed except it more swollen and hurts more nothing has really changed.
        I so want to pull that stringy gauze out bad.
        If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

3-5days...if not improving by Wed, go back to the doctor.

Comment

Well I have that tape like looking gauze packed in there, so I was told to get a hold of my reg. Dr. Mon. to have it removed and pos. repacked. I just want the gauze out of my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
              You took the gauze strip out a couple times a day to drain it, did you re-pack it yourself? I'm confused, they packed that stringy tape looking gauze in it to drain, and said I need to go to my regular Dr. so they can pull it out and re-pack it if it needed it and wouldn't drain without that stringy gauze keeping it opened to drain. I would love to just pull this stuff out and keep gauze over it.
              I had that exact tape, she gave me a bunch of it, told me to spread it open and squeeze as much as I could tolerate, clean up, and then push a new piece of tape into it so it wouldn't close up. It never hurt too bad after she drained it the first time. Told me only to come back if it got worse.
              Slow moving projects
              1964 C10 350/700r4
              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                3-5days...if not improving by Wed, go back to the doctor.
                This guys the Doc though, do what he says. Mine is purely from my own experience.
                Slow moving projects
                1964 C10 350/700r4
                1992 LX 5.0

Comment

I just got back from getting it re-packed, that burned like no tomarrow when he pulled that tape-guaze out. He was shocked that NP at the ER put that much in there, easily 10" of that tape-guaze stuff.
                  not stretched out. No wonder it's been burning so much. lol
                  He did say he saw some necrosis as well.
                  I'll take another pic later.
                  Thanks for all the input.

Comment

How's the hand?

Comment

Originally posted by GT Dan View Post
                      How's the hand?
                      X2 I was thinking about it earlier bored up here at work.
                      2014 GT
                      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Thanks guys! Doing better, just a big hole, itchy, skin around it is kinda peeling, and the bones in my hand and wrist still ache. Dr. wanted me to come back every other day to have it re-packed. That's a lot of coin each week, so the 1st repack I had my wife do it, now I do it everyday. The guaze strips are getting shorter so that's good.
                        Here's a couple more pics for those that are bored.

After my wife pulled out the 2nd packing from the Dr. It didn't burn or hurt this time, thank God.
                        And since we all like pics for a better disciption and understanding. lol
                        A few days ago

Re-packing, wife's a natural.

Here's a few I just took. Under the loose whiter skin not knowing it had some goo under it I kind a pushed on it and goo.
                        Just removed old packing or guaze tape, which shows how deep it is. Anyone know how long these take to heal and close up[?

It starting to fill with fluid here, longest I've had the packing out and it und covered.

Comment

Sweet hand vagina.

Comment

Here's a few I just took. Under the loose whiter skin not knowing it had some goo under it I kind a pushed on it and goo.
                            Just removed old packing or guaze tape, which shows how deep it is. Anyone know how long these take to heal and close up[?
                            When the doc lanced my boil, it took two weeks to close up.

Comment

Anyone know how long these take to heal and close up[?
                              [
                              After it drained and I couldn't squeeze anymore out, it took a couple days to close, I only had to do one round of antibiotics, so I was lucky I guess. You won't feel that hard mass under anymore and then, it starts looking normal again. It's been a few years and I can barely even see the scar.
                              Slow moving projects
                              1964 C10 350/700r4
                              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Healing nicely...

Comment

Working...
                                X