• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, classic case of gingervitis.
    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

ouch! good luck.

Comment

Probably MRSA...if it is and it isnt treated appropriately, you will get other abscesses like JC316 described. Take all of the meds as directed. Did you get some lortab?

Comment

Yeah she prescibed me some pain meds, my hand is super swole today and my wife redressed it again, looks nasty.
          I'm def. taking all meds as directed and I hope it's being treated correctly cause I want this to be the 1st and last time.
          2 Chronicles 7:14
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            That is exactly what they did to the one on my calf. Even packed it with the horrible feeling string. I had two on my left shoulder, one on each knee, one on my chest, one on my lower stomach, four on my upper thigh, two on my right hip, one on each calf and one on my chin. Couple of years back, my uncle had one inside off his nose. They are not even remotely fun.
            Good grief, I couldn't imagine all what you went through, sorry to hear that. And yeah that horrible feeling string is in there, and I just hope when they take it out they don't have to repack it.
            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Again, reasonably confident that is a boil, all of mine did that. Brown recluse leaves a huge hole.
              Nope,not a boil. I wasn't bit by a brown recluse,it was a different spider( found the spider,tested it and it was in the similar family of them but not an actual BR.) I did have a huge hole in my face but I can't find any more of the pictures that I had taken. I ended up having to get 4 shots and 2 different kinds of medications(horse pills.)

Anyways, I hope your hand heals quickly!

Comment

Again, reasonably confident that is a boil, all of mine did that. Brown recluse leaves a huge hole.
                Most brown recluse bites do not cause a necrotic lesion...and many cause the exact thing this guy has, a cellulitic abscess.

Comment

Damn that shit looks nasty. When my finger swelled up, all I noticed was a bunch of little bumps on it kind of like athlete's foot. My finger swelled about 50% larger and it was sore as a mother fucker. Even now after months have went by, I still feel more hardness to the touch on parts of my finger. Maybe its scar tissue but I'm not sure exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                    I ended up having to get 4 shots and 2 different kinds of medications(horse pills.)
                    Suppositories?
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Well the pressure, tightness & pain is almost unbareable, and now I can't even come close to making a fist.
                      I hope the Dr. will give me something before they go touching it, IMO it looks worse today. Maybe cause she did cut & dig in there, which I'm hoping it goes down soon.
                      My job depends on my hands, I pray it get better. If I don't/can't work, I feel like a schmuck & not pulling my wieght so to speak.

Here's a pic my wife just took. Yuck!

Comment

Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                        Nope,not a boil. I wasn't bit by a brown recluse,it was a different spider( found the spider,tested it and it was in the similar family of them but not an actual BR.) I did have a huge hole in my face but I can't find any more of the pictures that I had taken. I ended up having to get 4 shots and 2 different kinds of medications(horse pills.)

Anyways, I hope your hand heals quickly!
                        May have been a yellow sac spider, similar symptoms. Been looking at spiders now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                          May have been a yellow sac spider, similar symptoms. Been looking at spiders now. lol
                          i had a used car come in from out of state one day that was infested with those things.... we set off like 4 bug bombs in that thing. those damn spiders just drop down on you from know where.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Dude, someone hacked you up. I make a 1cm elliptical incision only.

Comment

I had a bite like that a couple years ago. Gave me antibiotics and made a small incision. I had to pull the little gauze strip out a couple times a day to drain it. Have a very small scar but took about a week to go away. Never had to have a follow up.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
                              Slow moving projects
                              1964 C10 350/700r4
                              1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                                Dude, someone hacked you up. I make a 1cm elliptical incision only.
                                I didn't have much choice, and you didn't offer. lol
                                Actually it's a small incision. I think the pic is making the dryed up blood stream or the guaze look like it's hacked.
                                I just didn't like the fact that although I was asked questions, none seemed to get answered. What should i do about work, any restrictions, tomarrow is it gonna look twice and big and twice as painful, when should the swelling start to down when should I expect the antibiotics to start working, etc. All I got was go to work, where gloves, then take them off. I grind on metal, paint, and deal with chemicals all day, what kind of answer was that. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X