I Got Bit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got Bit!

Well this stinks, anyone else here get bit by what appears to be a brown recluse?
    Went to the Dr. and he put me on some anti-biotics, said it'd be good in 3 days. lol I sure hope he's right.

Bite burns, super warm to the touch, hand is swole, very painful, & wrist feels broke. I'm guessing the venom got into the wrist joint, has that feeling when you want to crack your back or knuckle, it's so close to popping yet hurts to no end at the same time, and just won't pop.
    It def. made for a painful day at work.

Here's some pics of the last couple of days, the last 2 are from tonight. Wife found a spider in the master bathroom tub, so I caught it to see.
    Swelling doesn't appear to be going down either. Last pic is washed out a little cause it's about 3 shades darker.
    Tryed to take a pic of the spider, but the tupperware is making it cloudy and blurry.

Looked online at brown recluse pics and it sure does look like one, don't know if it's the one that bit me, I sure hope it was, def. don't want a herd of them things in the house.
    I sure pray that I don't get a gaping black hole on the top of my hand.

Last edited by Up0n0ne; 01-14-2011, 11:04 PM.
    2 Chronicles 7:14
    If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Yep I got bite right above my belly button when i was about 15 and it made my whole stomach swell up, and by the time we figured out what it was you could stick the rubber end of a pencil in the hole that had been ate out by the bite.

Comment

Dad got bit on the neck last year. Was in the hospital of 14 days or so.
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Better take that ring off if the swelling reaches your finger...

Comment

I don't want a hole in my hand or have to go to the hospital, Dr. seemed pretty upbeat about it. lol It wasn't this bad yet though.
          My brother said the same thing about the ring. It woke me up at 5am and I almost couldn't get it off. But yeah, I need to take it off for a bit, just not used to not having it on I guess.
          If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Looks like a boil to me. I got something that looked very much like that, I too thought it was a brown recluse bite, but it turned out to be a boil. If I am right, they hurt like hell.

Comment

Would a boil make my hand swell up like a balloon? Also my wrist is killing me and when I do touch the redness around it it leaves an indentation.
              I tryed squeezing it a few time yesterday and about passed out. lol

Comment

My brother got one of those on his calf that ended up rotting out a spot of flesh about the size of a half dollar....get to the Dr. ASAP.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  My brother got one of those on his calf that ended up rotting out a spot of flesh about the size of a half dollar....get to the Dr. ASAP.
                  x2, one bit me and i didnt do anything till i couldnt take squeezing the puss out of it anymore, went to the doc, he cut me up and squeezed all the puss out without numbing me down and then stuck a paper towel in the cut.. hurt like hell, dont let it get that bad

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                  You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                    x2, one bit me and i didnt do anything till i couldnt take squeezing the puss out of it anymore, went to the doc, he cut me up and squeezed all the puss out without numbing me down and then stuck a paper towel in the cut.. hurt like hell, dont let it get that bad
                    Went to the Dr. yesterday he put me on some antibiotics, if it doesn't get better by Sun. or Mon. I'll go to the e-room or back to the Dr.'s
                    I do NOT want to go through what you went through, no way, no how!

Comment

So much for masturbating.
                      Originally posted by talisman
                      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                      Originally posted by AdamLX
                      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                      Because fuck you, that's why
                      Originally posted by 80coupe
                      nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                      Originally posted by Rick Modena
                      ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

if it was a brown recluse it may get to looking worse before it heals. the venom kills the tissue, you have the antibiotics which will help some. just keep it elevated, ice (no heat) to the area and benadryl if it gets to itching. I dont recommend trying to squeeze out the pus as you will more than likely squeeze it deeper in the tissue. If you do get the necrotic (dead) tissue the doc will most likely debride it. some other spider bites will look the same at first but at day 2 you cant tell, if it wasnt a poisonous spider the antibiotics will help with the bacteria from the bite of the spider and shouldnt be as bad, hope it gets better soon

Comment

Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                          Would a boil make my hand swell up like a balloon? Also my wrist is killing me and when I do touch the redness around it it leaves an indentation.
                          I tryed squeezing it a few time yesterday and about passed out. lol
                          Yeah, the first one was near my knee, caused my knee to double in size. Pain that cannot be described, I couldn't even walk. If I am right, don't squeeze it, it will form a white head on it, then you can press on the tissue around it, which will cause pus to pour out, followed by a core. Then it will heal up in a couple of days.

I got a metric shit ton of them on me, about 20 over a years time, it was caused by my compromised immune system, which led to staph infection. Doc lanced one on my calf, he used one shot of lidocane and didn't give it any time to kick in, I bout ripped the bed rail off when he cut into it.
                          Last edited by JC316; 01-15-2011, 02:12 AM.

Comment

happened to me a one time. fishing in waco.
                            when it got swollen. i just took a deep breath and sowing needle. stabbed my wound
                            one time. squeezed all the puss out. kept doing it every few days keep using LOTS of rubbing alcohol. didn't need see doctor. it did leave a hole for week or so SUCKS,

BTW, a few bottles of jack daniels for the pain,
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Something tagged my ass this past summer while I was putting the deck belt back on my riding lawn mower. I never felt shit bite me but about 3 hours after I finished mowing, my index finger on my right hand was sore as fuck from the tip to the first knuckle. It swelled up and I couldn't bend my finger for about a week. Shit felt like it was slammed in a car door over and over again.

Comment

Working...
                              X