No announcement yet.

What sort of animal is this bone from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What sort of animal is this bone from?

My neighbor and I are kicking back tonight after a long day at work, and I let my dog go out to sniff around on the back lot for a bit....she usually doesn't leave the property, but this time was gone for a while. Showed up at the back door with this in her mouth a little while later. We were laughing about it thinking that she went and stole some other dogs bone somewhere, but then got to looking at it and realized that the size is a little suspect....don't think it's big enough to be a cow or a horse, and too big to be a dog, coyote, etc. However, I was thinking it could be from one of those big ole bores maybe.....I dunno, I'm not too well versed in forensic ID so I thought I'd ask the experts on DFWmS. For those that don't know, we live out in the county a little clip from the city limits, and we do have one awfully weird fucker that lives not too far away....he may be chopping up hookers for all we know.

70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

It's from a rat snake.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
      It's from a rat snake.
      with cropped ears.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
        with cropped ears.

Sorry Rreemo, I couldn't help myself.

Comment

camels toe

Comment

Whatever it is, I can tell you what it's definitely not...and that's a transistional fossil that would prove that evolution is real.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

We need another pic with a Dr Pepper can to be absolutely sure.

Comment

Wife said prob not human. Maybe a cow femur.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Damn! My daughter drank all the Dr. Peppers, so I had to improvise....

...but I guess we drank most of the JWB too.
                  70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                    Wife said prob not human. Maybe a cow femur.
                    Don't think a cow would be a bit bigger than that?
                    70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

My wife buys bones like that for our dogs from Walmart, they are the end of the femur (cow) and are cut and either cooked or cured. Your dog might have ganked from another dog after all.

Or it might be from a chupacabra...

Stevo
                      Originally posted by SSMAN
                      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        Damn! My daughter drank all the Dr. Peppers, so I had to improvise....

...but I guess we drank most of the JWB too.
                        Dude, for effort alone, I nominate this post of the month. Well played AND executed.

To whomever that said "femur" a femer is a long thick bone. Think where your thigh is. I don't know the medical term for a hip-bone, but I'm sure that's what you're thinking. Going by the size though, I'd say dog.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                          Dude, for effort alone, I nominate this post of the month. Well played AND executed.

To whomever that said "femur" a femer is a long thick bone. Think where your thigh is. I don't know the medical term for a hip-bone, but I'm sure that's what you're thinking. Going by the size though, I'd say dog.
                          Its femur... learn your anatomy. And some judgement on size. That thing is way bigger than any dog out there. I have a 200lb mastiff and his knees arent near that size. That is definitely the size of a cow

And I agree...looks like a distal end of the femur at the knee.

Comment

Yak shoulder
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              Its femur... learn your anatomy. And some judgement on size. That thing is way bigger than any dog out there. I have a 200lb mastiff and his knees arent near that size. That is definitely the size of a cow

And I agree...looks like a distal end of the femur at the knee.
                              Dammit. I can't belive I misspelled it right after spelling it correctly. If it's the end of a femur, than sure. Going by the pic, I didn't see/think that it was part of a bone.

EDIT: I guess, looking at it from a different perspective, it could be the tip of a femur.

Comment

Working...
                              X