U2 & sr-71

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U2 & sr-71

These videos were pretty cool. My father had the opportunity to pilot the U2, but he decided to pass on it due to the high radiation exposure. Instead, he flew the T-38 Talon and and a couple of others. He also drove the foxbody coupes behind the U2s for take off and landing. Apparently they used GTOs after he transferred to AMR

Originally posted by Buzzo
    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

How did a prominent pilot wind up with such a turd of a son?

Comment

T-38 is a training aircraft. It is commonly used as advanced maneuvers trainer at the end of flight training before final assignment in fighter/bomber/transport aircraft.
      Was he an IP in 38's? At any one time there are 35 to 50 U-2 pilots, dam elite group.

Comment

SR71 was amazing, I'll give it that. However, the U2's CONTINUED service stands on it's own as a phenomenal testament to its design. From Wikipedia....
        Originally posted by Wikipedia
        The U-2 has remained in service since the end of the Cold War and is one of several aircraft types that have been operated by the USAF in excess of 50 years. It has participated in conflicts such as Afghanistan and Iraq, and supported several multinational NATO operations. The role of the U-2 is increasingly performed by alternative platforms, such as surveillance satellites, unmanned reconnaissance drones such as the Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk, and conventional aircraft.
        Also, while I can't quote the source, [insert confidentiality stuff here], I can say that the U2 has been used in EVERY major US conflict since its inception and many more discrete conflicts. Amazing plane.
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
        X