Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
    Tote the note
    I didn't say it was impossible, just that I feel sorry for people that have to resort to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      I didn't say it was impossible, just that I feel sorry for people that have to resort to that.
      Why? They did it to themselves, by making repeated bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        They're not financing anything. They're getting paper plates from a buddy somehow and keeping from registering the car. A cop buddy in Dallas said he sees the same ghetto hoopties roll around for MONTHS on paper tags, and the tags are always up-to-date.
        Or the dealership loses the title. I'm on month number 3 and almost through my second set of paper plates.

Comment

They're not financing anything. They're getting paper plates from a buddy somehow and keeping from registering the car. A cop buddy in Dallas said he sees the same ghetto hoopties roll around for MONTHS on paper tags, and the tags are always up-to-date.
          Yep. That ignorant fuck XR_1 posted up in Canada, bragging about his forged temporary plates and insurance cards, soliciting business.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
            Why? They did it to themselves, by making repeated bad decisions.
            I deal with these people daily, don't have any pity. They really, really have to have fucked up many times to be at a tote the note lot (multiple repos). And tote the note lots have the right kind of approach. You miss a payment? Repo, period the end. That's the only thing they understand.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Walk into the tax office, have insurance, ask for a temp tag. You can do that forever, on any car that you have insurance on. No title, no problem, unless you get it impounded. That is a different story.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                Walk into the tax office, have insurance, ask for a temp tag. You can do that forever, on any car that you have insurance on. No title, no problem, unless you get it impounded. That is a different story.
                No shit? I suppose that does make sense. For the first time ever I had a seller attempt to take his plates when I helped my sister in law buy a used car. That's how you would get by then, a temp tag from the registration office.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  No shit? I suppose that does make sense. For the first time ever I had a seller attempt to take his plates when I helped my sister in law buy a used car. That's how you would get by then, a temp tag from the registration office.
                  the state recomends a seller do that IIRC. I had to do it on my truck when I was dealing with the finance co after my brother passed. I didnt want to up it another year when I was pretty sure I would have a title in a couple of months and do the transfer into my name at the same time, so I got a temp tag to be legal.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

the state recomends a seller do that IIRC. I had to do it on my truck when I was dealing with the finance co after my brother passed. I didnt want to up it another year when I was pretty sure I would have a title in a couple of months and do the transfer into my name at the same time, so I got a temp tag to be legal.
                    Not a bad idea, I'm always wary when I sell a car with a recent renewed registration.

Comment

the state recomends a seller do that IIRC.
                      They do. I always take plates now after the new owner of an old of mine Fox generated some parking tickets on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                        They do. I always take plates now after the new owner of an old of mine Fox generated some parking tickets on it.

VTR-346.

I just sold my Escape and it's reg is good til' 2014. She gets red light ticket/parking ticket/Toll/whatever I have proof through Austin that I sold the vehicle and submitted appropriate documentation.

She can keep the plates, my new car is white and I want the new simple design.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                          I've done that form on every car I've sold and the tickets still came back to me. Plate fixes it 100%, that's only 95% or so and ain't nobody got time for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
                            I've done that form on every car I've sold and the tickets still came back to me. Plate fixes it 100%, that's only 95% or so and ain't nobody got time for that.
                            Wow, really? Did you fight them or ??

You had to go and get me worried now...

Comment

How can they not get popped for something? Isn't that illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                                Wow, really? Did you fight them or ??

You had to go and get me worried now...
                                Yes, didn't end up paying. Still. that was worth me taking plates on every car I sell moving forward. Much simpler for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X