X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
    Nice, hiring?
    x2

I work in IT and as I read the responses, I can relate to something that has happened here. We've had techs come in here and their answer to fix things is to reimage. If they would just spend a few minutes on it, they might find the fix is one click away.

Comment

They haven't hired anything but contractors around here since we were bought out. With a new powerful Mother company setting the rules now, things are a run a little differently these days.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        It's the typical response and in other words might as well be, "We really don't want to mess with it so we will blame the problem on something out of our control". Meanwhile there are hundreds of other users who have no issues.
        Well then you IT person is a retard.

Comment

Yeah, I think a lot of people have valid complaints about corporate IT Departments. Generally, you get what you pay for though. Also, I've seen good folks who are just wore out. Trying to deal with user facing stuff all day and then up most of the night/weekends dealing with infrastructure/data center issues - can really mess up a person's motivation.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Yeah, I think a lot of people have valid complaints about corporate IT Departments. Generally, you get what you pay for though. Also, I've seen good folks who are just wore out. Trying to deal with user facing stuff all day and then up most of the night/weekends dealing with infrastructure/data center issues - can really mess up a person's motivation.
            One thing I have noticed about the IT industry in the few years I've been learning about it/working in it, is that you're completely correct about people just being wore the fuck out. There are many people out there that really don't understand what kind of work it is that IT people do, and treat them as if they are throw-away employees. On the flip-side, there are many IT people who don't understand that there is an element of customer service in their job, and if they were a bit more nice/patient with people, then they would avoid a lot of the hassle/stigma associated with the position.

Comment

lol
              GOD BLESS TEXAS
              August Landscaping
              214-779-7278
              Seb's high class.
              He'll mow your grass.
              He'll kick your ass.
              And while his kidney stones pass,
              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...