X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
    Wow.

Pounded the driver side pretty good.
    Not to lease the guy for what he did.....but seeing that group he was trying to do work.
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      Goddamn. Wonder where the female officer was hit; it doesn't mention her condition.
      lost her left index finger.
      2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
        It's enuff when crazy guy with rifle is leaking brain matter on the pavement.
        Fixed

Comment

That's even better.
          Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I've never quite understood this: A pedestrian is firing on you. You're in a 4000 lb. car.

Stop trying to go head-to-head with your pistol. Run clean over his ass, then get out shooting.
            Last edited by JP135; 05-06-2013, 07:56 AM.

Comment

So he can shoot at you from the hood?

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                So he can shoot at you from the hood?
                Yes, that's clearly what I'm suggesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                  I've never quite understood this: A pedestrian is firing on you. You're in a 4000 lb. car.

Stop trying to go head-to-head with your pistol. Run clean over his ass, then get out shooting.
                  ... and he can then simply fire upon you as you drive directly towards him in a straight line sitting pretty much still, then step out of the way and fire upon you as you drive by. Smart. You should always conceal yourself in such an exposed, tight environment. You should have been there that day!

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post

Not to mention that wind noise you hear in the audio is the officer stepping out of his car. He would of needed to jump back in the car to attempt to run him down.

Comment

Where is the blood and explosions?! Fucking hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Where is the blood and explosions?! Fucking hollywood.
                        There was a decent pool of blood forming underneath him.

Comment

Originally posted by hustleman View Post
                          Not to mention that wind noise you hear in the audio is the officer stepping out of his car. He would of needed to jump back in the car to attempt to run him down.

Well he was in his car long enough to shoot about 20 rounds through the windshield. i agree he should have tried to run him over. but it all happened so fast im sure it never crossed his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by lee earley View Post
                            Well he was in his car long enough to shoot about 20 rounds through the windshield. i agree he should have tried to run him over. but it all happened so fast im sure it never crossed his mind.
                            Yep, it happens fast. And this deal is a great example of how fast things can go to shit when these folks thought they were stopping a car for running a traffic signal.

Comment

I stand corrected. The officer shot THROUGH the windshield.
                              Thomas, who had only been on the 10-person force for a month, got out of the passenger side of the patrol car, walked behind the patrol car and had reached the driver's door of the cruiser when Gilkerson bolted from his car and began shooting.

Thomas fired back, as did Savage. Stanko said Savage shot through the windshield of the cruiser.
                              Middlefield Police Chief Arnold Stanko says he doesn't know why James Gilkerson got of his car firing at officers after a routine traffic stop in March. "I just know he got out of his car intending to kill my officers," Sanko said.

“He’s hiding something,” Thomas can be heard saying.

Sitting in the passenger seat, she then exited the cruiser and circled back behind it to the driver side. Savage remained in the driver seat.

Before Thomas reached the front bumper of the cruiser, James Gilkerson, 42, quickly exited his vehicle and began firing on the officers with a FEG 7.62x39, commonly referred to as a AK-47 style semi-automatic rifle. About 45 seconds elapsed from when Gilkerson stopped his vehicle to when he exited and began firing.

Gilkerson can then be seen moving away from his vehicle out further into the middle of 608 and toward the police cruiser. After being hit by shots from Savage, Gilkerson moves back toward the Saturn repeatedly yelling, “Kill me.”

As Gilkerson drops to one knee still pointing his gun at the officers, Savage asks Thomas, “Are you hit?”

“Yes,” Thomas said. “You cover, I’ll call dispatch.”

Savage then returned fire, hitting Gilkerson multiple times. He was pronounced dead on the scene with a total of 19 wounds. One in the head and one in the chest are believed to be the fatal wounds. Nine bullets removed from Gilkerson’s body came from Savage’s weapon.

The shootout lasted about 26 seconds. All told, Savage fired 29 rounds, Thomas 17 rounds and Gilkerson 33 rounds.
                              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                              X