Critique my buddy's taxidermy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my buddy's taxidermy

He took this up as a hobby, point out any issues so I can relay to him so he can improve his work. This is a largemouth and wood duck.

That birds got devil eyes!

Comment

Have him Join taxidermy.net

Im starting to dabble in deer taxidermy myself.

Comment

The fish doesn't sing.
        Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by KCHAR View Post
          Could he make one with a mouth that is 10 inches deep and 4" in diameter?

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
            Could he make one with a mouth that is 10 inches deep and 4" in diameter?

Fish fucker, its that you?
            Ded

Comment

Looks good to me but I know jack-shit about taxidermy.

I think I would prefer the mouth closed on the fish, but that's just me.

Comment

with fish they just use the real fish to pull a mold off of and they are fiberglass right? I saw that on How it Made and it made sense after I saw it but never thought about it.

I think they both look real good, the ducks eyes look a bit off but I dont know anything about them, that may be normal.

Comment

Fish looks like it's getting dry anal.

Comment

Fish are skinned like everything else, or freeze dried, or reproduction. Reproductions are popular, since its less work for the money the taxidermist makes.

Just like everything else time is money, and taxidermy takes time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      Looks good to me but I know jack-shit about taxidermy.

Bass like chicks are loved for how wide their mouths gape.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        Reproductions are popular, since its less work for the money the taxidermist makes.
                        I have a real mount but next will be a repro. The real mount is the first large bass I caught when I was a kid. Now all you need are pictures from every angle and some measurements, and you can throw the fucker back and catch it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Dude, it's a largeMOUTH bass. That would be like mounting a big sailfish with the sail collapsed or a big turkey with it's feathers down.

Comment

I would not have hung it on the privacy fence. The sun will ruin it.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                              I would not have hung it on the privacy fence. The sun will ruin it.
                              Not sure if serious

Comment

Working...
                              X