saturday night fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saturday night fun

So I had a pretty busy day today, had to do a few things at work this morning and knocked that out with the quickness. Picked up Duke and took him to whiterock dog park. My brother lives near so I went there to see my nieces and grab lunch and let duke cool down/nap. That went great so I left to go home. Washed my car when I got home and pulled out the vacuum to clean up Duke's loose hairs in the backseat.

When I was done, I passed by the bb court up the street and saw a couple guys hooping it up. I was in the mood for a quick 3v3 and they were willing to let me play. 1st game went off great, 2nd game I was rushing to the goal and homey decided to charge me when I went for the shot hit me in the lower back and I fell on my lower back.

Ended up calling the game off, needed help walking to my car, needed help opening my front door. and crawled to my bed. laid down for a bit and it fucking sunk in. I'm too old for this shit.

Pain got unbearable so I had to call 911 to get them to come scoop me up.
    I currently can't stand, walk, bend down, move my torso to the right/left, etc..Basically i'm in pussyman mode right now. and i'll add to that, that this is easily the worse pain i've felt all year.
    Last edited by roliath; 05-30-2013, 09:52 PM.

Dang man. Is this the first time you've messed up your back? Gotta start being careful with that shit, old man!

Comment

I know the feeling. Messed mine up the same way. Its never been the same
      Originally posted by Yale
      I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

Sounds like you sprained your vagina

Comment

Dude... it's been two weeks since you fucked up your back. You gotta take that shit easy for a long time before doing other shit like that LOL.

Comment

I haven't played any B ball in years, I miss it!
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Yeah 2 weeks since i sprained my back the first time. Im still in my recliner, chilling in pain. But they hooked it up with hydrocodones, ibuprofen, prednisone, and diazepam.
              Still cant stand or walk, i needed help peeing today.... Fucking awkward to say the least.
              I always play bb without any issues, im too old and fragile now. Pussyman engaged.

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
                But they hooked it up with hydrocodones, ibuprofen, prednisone, and diazepam.
                Sharing is caring.

Seriously though, take it easy man. Once you hurt it bad, it usually is never right again. I've been dealing with this shit for over a decade, and it only gets worse.

Comment

:-(

Gonna go light as possible for as long as i can than, my mri is scheduled later this week too. I had plans on monday to start a 30 fitness program too, so it may have to wait a bit.

Comment

I always thought you were White. Weird.

Comment

:-(

Gonna go light as possible for as long as i can than, my mri is scheduled later this week too. I had plans on monday to start a 30 fitness program too, so it may have to wait a bit.

Hopefully you don't have a ruptured disc, but I can tell you that I've never hurt myself bad enough to not be able to walk or stand in small doses. I have a bulging disc in my very lower back, and apparently where my spine connects to my pelvis has an anomaly that makes it easier to pinch the nerve back there. Even a couple of weeks from now when you think you're okay, take it easy, use your knees to lift, and if you can have someone else do something physical: let them. It's nothing to play around with, and you WILL hurt yourself again if you aren't careful.

Comment

Yeah my xrays came back clean but they dont show dics or nerves, hence the mri was scheduled. I still can get up though without assistance and walking is out of the question still. :-(

I appreciate the advice and ill take this a lot more seriously in the future

Comment

Yeah my xrays came back clean but they dont show dics or nerves, hence the mri was scheduled. I still can get up though without assistance and walking is out of the question still. :-(

I appreciate the advice and ill take this a lot more seriously in the future

I honestly don't even know why they bother with xrays. I think they're just padding their pockets. An MRI is the only way to get any useful information about a back injury, unless you've done something where you could have actually broken it. When you're in the MRI machine ask them if they have some headphones with music or something. I hate those damn things, and my Dr. implied he wanted me to probably get another one this year when I was getting scripts refilled last week. Uhg. There's a couple hundred bucks down the drain just to keep the government out of my pain medication.

Comment

Shit!!!! I was wondering why you didn't answer your phone.
                            Ded

Comment

Yep, Eric is spot on.X-rays are useless for diagnosing soft tissue injuries, which is what most back injuries are. When I tore my muscles in my back, the x-rays showed nothing, but the mri was like "holy shit".
                              And the stuff about it never being 100% is true too, sadly.
                              Welcome to the old-farts club, tea and cookies are over to the left.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                              X