Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 years later: Chernobyl and Pripyat

Pretty cool slideshow.

Twenty-seven years on from the nuclear disaster at Chernobyl, a look at life inside the exclusion zone. The Chernobyl disaster that occurred on 26 April 1986 at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in Ukraine is considered to be the worst nuclear power plant accident in history. An explosion and fire released large quantities of radioactive particles into the atmosphere, which spread over much of Western USSR and Europe. The official Soviet casualty count of 31 deaths has been disputed, and long-term effects such as cancers and deformities are still being accounted for.

More in the link.

Comment

I've been fascinated with Chernobyl for years. More than anything, the decay and eerie lack of people.

Comment

I read a story a while back about a chick that went through there on a motorcycle. Call it morbid curiosity but it's one of the things on my bucket list.

Comment

end up like the people from that movie about this place. it was a good movie, and makes you think if there are deformed people that still live there.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
            I read a story a while back about a chick that went through there on a motorcycle. Call it morbid curiosity but it's one of the things on my bucket list.
            Thankfully it's still up. I read it years ago.

During years of my interest in Chernobyl, I have collected rare and unique materials of Chernobyl accident and it's aftermath.
            Nothing cool as far as a car goes, but if you want photos of your ride...I can handle that. Check out my Facebook page if you're bored.

Comment

"Work on the roof was the shortest job of all, and lasted only two minutes. Many soldiers were offered a choice of how to fulfill the tour of duty requirement that was necessary for their retirement from Army. One lasted two years in a hellish rain of bullets, rockets and bombs in Afghanistan, and the other lasted two minutes in a tranquil, silent and invisible rain of gamma rays on the roof of Unit # 3."

Damn!!

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
                end up like the people from that movie about this place. it was a good movie, and makes you think if there are deformed people that still live there.
                Radioactivity does not turn you into Bruce Banner; It fucking kills your ass slowly and painfully if you aren't lucky enough to die quickly.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy
                After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                  Radioactivity does not turn you into Bruce Banner; It fucking kills your ass slowly and painfully if you aren't lucky enough to die quickly.
                  Bruce Banner was Bruce Banner before and after he was exposed to gamma.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                    "Work on the roof was the shortest job of all, and lasted only two minutes. Many soldiers were offered a choice of how to fulfill the tour of duty requirement that was necessary for their retirement from Army. One lasted two years in a hellish rain of bullets, rockets and bombs in Afghanistan, and the other lasted two minutes in a tranquil, silent and invisible rain of gamma rays on the roof of Unit # 3."

Damn!!
                    I think I will take the bullets please.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      did you see this movie im talking about? i can't remember the name of it, but none of the people left behind where far from large green mutations. not saying i believe it, but it seems plausible to me anyway.

Comment

The movie was called "Chernobyl", I believe...
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Chernobyl Diaries. Shitty fucking movie; they could have done so much more with it.

Comment

lmao
                            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

did you see this movie im talking about? i can't remember the name of it, but none of the people left behind where far from large green mutations. not saying i believe it, but it seems plausible to me anyway.
                              No I have not seen it, but I have seen plenty of photos of what radioactivity does to human beings. Of all the ways to go, that would be just about the worst one.

If a nuke fight ever breaks out, I hope I am right dead center in the middle of the blast.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                              X