No announcement yet.

Nearly fatal crash at my job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was this in the back part of fiesta, near the samuell side entrance? if so i could see how it happened people fly around that corner all the time. good to read he is back at work and okay

Comment

Where was he driving and where is the trailer parked? That is sad. My brother did the same thing, but sober and awake. Truck was going 20 mph in a 75 mph zone. Brother looked down to grab something , looked up and there it was. But he and his son are ok. Lots of glass and lots of blood all over the inside of the truck. My clothes fell apart the next day from the battery acid (battery exploded) , when getting stuff out of the truck. Bad year for chasing semi's

Ok, read all the thread, glad he is ok....somewhat

Last edited by SSMAN; 11-13-2013, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
        But just when you talk To him it's like you're talking to a different person.
        I know exactly what you mean. One of my best buds was riding in a minivan full of kids going to lunch back in high school, when they hit a curb and rolled over. He got tossed out a good ways and landed on his head. He was in the hospital for a couple of months, and they said he'd be lucky to survive, but he was back on the field the next football season, tough as ever. I knew him as a kid, and he was kind of shy and pretty much an asshole. After the wreck, he became Mr. Popular, super outgoing and friendly, but also has problems staying focused and remembering fine details. His personality changed completely, but mostly for the better. It's crazy.

Glad to hear that your buddy made it, too.

Comment

Crazy
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
            Ok I thought I'd update you guys on this. He's been out of the hospital now for a few months The guys actually back at work. So he pulled Through he's a little fucked up in the head but he's alright. He has full mobility. But just when you talk To him it's like you're talking to a different person. Anyway this motherfuckers lucky as fuck.
            So now that he's ok...what is the real story of the accident?
            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
              So now that he's ok...what is the real story of the accident?
              Turns out he had a Seizure behind the wheel.
              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

How the hell would they be able to tell that after he suffered massive head trauma? Legit question, not being a dick

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                  How the hell would they be able to tell that after he suffered massive head trauma? Legit question, not being a dick
                  Not sure.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Perhaps he didn't suffer permanent short-term memory loss, and remembers having the seizure.

Comment

I didn't know people remembered having seizures

Comment

I would guess it depends on the severity. 20 years ago, when I was 20, I was at work, next thing I know I'm on my back, and as I get up, I'm speaking total gibberish. Went to the hospital after that, don't remember what was determined, but I do remember the latter 1/2 aspects of the seizure.
                        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Yes it's very possible

Comment

About a year ago we had a guy in his car have on in our parking lot. Luckily he was in park but he didn't take care of his diabetic problem. He went into a seizure and floored the throttle until the engine cratured.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

One of my brothers had epilepsy when he was a kid. He eventually grew out of it, having his last seizure at 18, but it had been a year or two since he had one before that. He always remembered them, but could not control himself while having them. He said he felt like he was outside of his body, watching from a distance.

Granted, probably completely unrelated to the type of thing this guy had..

Also.. About 10 years ago I had an employee that had an aneurysm, got a stint, then while she was still on limited work (1/2 days) had a pretty significant seizure in the office. She remembered it, including memory of what was going on around her at the time. It only lasted for a minute or so, but freaked everyone out as it occurred right in the middle of the work day.

Comment

Working...
                              X