Nearly fatal crash at my job.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nearly fatal crash at my job.

Ok. I show up at work today. And found out my co.worker and good friend. Had a bad Accident behind our building.

Before anyone says. Drugs or alcohol. Let me tell y'all this is a good kid. He I fell a sleep behind the wheel. He was Speeding obviously. He works nearly 100 hours per week. Between working for our company and a second job.
    The trailer cliped his right side of the head. The trailer has lots of blood on it.
    Luckily he did not have a passenger. He is in critical condition with massive brain injury. I hope he makes it. He's only in his 20's

Only pictures I have for now.

FYI. Those trailers are used for Product storage.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

this almost reminds me of that corvette pic. that 'CJ' bought the rear end off of.
    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

If he has "massive brain injury" then he isnt likely to survive.

Comment

If he has a massive brain injury, he will need constant care for the rest of his life. Most all of us are completely sheltered from the harsh realities of brain injuries. As the family member of someone whose attempted suicide left them with a massive brain injury, knowing what I know now, "I hope he makes it" isn't what comes to mind.

Sorry about your friend. His life is likely permanently fucked.
        Last edited by barronj; 04-20-2013, 06:21 AM.
        Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

I'm with you Barron, brain injuries change everyone's life
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Fell asleep at the wheel doing 100+ behind a warehouse in an industrial area?

Bullshit

Comment

You sure it wasn't an attempted suicide? I know it's not what you want to think about when someone you care about is hurt very bad, but lo3oz has a point. How can you be going that fast behind a warehouse and fall asleep at the wheel?
              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post

Bullshit
                (Works nearly 100 hours a week) is what he said not going 100mph. If he was going 100 it would have been a lot worse.
                Sorry about your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post

Bullshit
                  You know those federal crash tests where it destroys a vehicle when hitting a wall? Those are performed at 35mph.
                  US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

That is not a very high speed impact . The only thing that stopped the truck was the windshield and the roof . Not much to stop a 5k lb truck . That crash could have been at 30 mph . I hope he recovers .
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Working that many hours working, I would be more inclined to say he might've had a seizure from too many energy drinks, mashed the throttle, and ran into the trailer.

Unless there is a stupendously long road back there, the likelihood of him falling asleep in that short of a time frame doesn't seem plausible.

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
                        Working that many hours working, I would be more inclined to say he might've had a seizure from too many energy drinks, mashed the throttle, and ran into the trailer.

Unless there is a stupendously long road back there, the likelihood of him falling asleep in that short of a time frame doesn't seem plausible.
                        Exactly what I was thinking.
                        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by gt500 View Post
                          (Works nearly 100 hours a week) is what he said not going 100mph. If he was going 100 it would have been a lot worse.
                          Sorry about your friend.
                          You're riight, but I still don't buy that it just innocently happened

Comment

As much as I drive, falling asleep behind the wheel has been a huge concern of mine. That's terrible, regardless of how it happened.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

no reason to work 100 hrs a week. this week i saw a swift truck completely rear end a pickup on I30 prob due to fatigue. also in dallas at a fuel stop a driver forgot to set his brakes due to fatigue and his truck rolled back into a ditch. heres another example of a tired driver. the long hrs will catch up to you eventually. hope the guy recovers

Comment

Working...
                              X