My Hike in St. Lucia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Hike in St. Lucia

I hiked the Gros Piton mountain while I was on my honeymoon and thought I would share a few pics of the view. It was quite breathtaking at 3000 ft. The hike was pretty difficult as it had 0 swithcbacks. It was basically a snake trail straight up the mountain and was about 85% rock and 15% roots. It was quite an accomplishment and quite a view. If you are ever there I recommend it, but only if you are in excellent shape. lol

View of the 2 Pitons, Gros on the left and Petit on the right. We hiked the Gros.

The trail going up.

View at the Summit.

The countries staple, Piton beer. Named after the mountains, and it is EXCELLENT. Too bad it's not available for export outside of the Caribbean. It is awesome.

Awesome! Sounds like a great trip.

And congradulations on the nuptials! But we haven't seen the wifey yet....
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Badass man. Don't drink yellow beer.

Comment

Of all the islands I've been to, I liked St. Lucia the best. I just see it becoming the next Haiti, though. I swear, every local woman out there was pregnant!

Comment

lol. I didn't see too many preggos. All of the locals are REALLY fucking nice and cool. You can get a mansion there on a cliff with a million dollar view of the ocean for like 100 grand. I might have found a place to go. lol I can drink Piton all day and hang out on the beach.

Comment

How much was gas?

Comment

around 6 and a half a gallon. A LOT of buses around the country. We took taxi's but it was weird having the right-hand drive European thing going on. Lots of cool cars there and variants of cars that the US doesn't get. I saw 3 older Skyline GTR's.

Comment

Fuck! Now I want some Bounty rum.

Comment

Badass man, I definitely missed out on that when I was there...
                  "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                  http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                  Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                  Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                  http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                  www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                  sigpic

Comment

That second pic is intense. Looks badass!

I'm more of a pine trees mountain guy but I'd love to do a jungle mountain trek one day.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun!
                      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                      '13 Dodge Cummins
                      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I thought the Appalachian trail hike I did was intense until I did this. I almost got completely dehydrated and had several bottles of water. Coming down your knees are knocking from being worn out.

Comment

Looks awesome.

Comment

Went there years ago, definitely a beautiful place.

Comment

Working...
                            X