Historic IIHS Frontal Crash Tests - Car to Car Crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic IIHS Frontal Crash Tests - Car to Car Crashes

Just when I thought an Ambassador couldn't get any uglier!

I noticed the newer collision was offset instead of directly head-on. Tore some shit up!

Comment

the small cars didnt stand a chance against those big ass boats
      2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
      2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

That ambassador put me in the mood to sell aluminum siding.

Comment

Easy to see why people died driving Pinto Beans

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
            Easy to see why people died driving Pinto Beans
            64-70 Mustangs would basically look the same when hit with a 5500 pound land yacht. Pintos had sheet metal bumpers like the early Mustangs until 74, not that it would matter hitting something like that.

Stevo
            Originally posted by SSMAN
            ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

I'm surprised at how well the Gremlin held up compared to the other smaller cars.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckacosta View Post
                I'm surprised at how well the Gremlin held up compared to the other smaller cars.
                I was thinking the same thing. It held up well considering it got hit with the mother of all ugly sticks.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Everyone thinkd the old "tanks" were so safe. Here's the 1959 vs 2009 Chevy...Wow!
                  In the 50 years since US insurers organized the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, car crashworthiness has improved. Demonstrating this was a crash test...

I guess I need to learn this embed stuff

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/joMK1WZjP7g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/joMK1WZjP7g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang View Post
                    Everyone thinkd the old "tanks" were so safe. Here's the 1959 vs 2009 Chevy...Wow!
                    In the 50 years since US insurers organized the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, car crashworthiness has improved. Demonstrating this was a crash test...

I guess I need to learn this embed stuff
                    That is kind of a one sided test. They picked an old "Tank" with light weight and hollow fenders, then did an offset test. Obviously that 59 was terrible at crash protection, but why don't they run a 64 Galaxie 500 against a Taurus and see what happens? How about a 76 Cadillac vs an 09 cadillac? 84 Buick Park Avenue vs an 09 buick?

Comment

It was done as a 50 year test. Plus, why not waste a couple of Chevys?
                      sigpic

Comment

Damn, the Geo got dominated.
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

yeah, the 59s had the shitty X frame
                          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Gremlin>Pinto

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                              Damn, the Geo got dominated.
                              Somewhere, Coley is weeping.

Comment

Working...
                              X