X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COTA pics - Rolex Series GrandAm race this weekend

Woke up at 530am
    715am flight to Austin
    Head to friend's hotel to pickup my ticket from the concierge.
    At the track by 9am
    Get windburned and freeze my ass off all day.
    On a plane headed back home at 640pm.

All in all not a bad day

Oh, and this trip reinforced my odd obsession with Aston Martin's. The Vantages running GS are in my top 3 for best sounding racecar ever. Lots of these on track pics will be of the Vantages.

Main straight - These seats suck.

Turn 1 - Phil Hill

Straight coming out of Turn 2

Turn 3 going into the S section

Turn 4

Turn 12 at the end of the back straight - These are the section 15 seats. IMO the best in the house. You get to see the second half of the straight, turns 12 -15 (and the turn in of 16) and there's a board right there so we were watching the live SpeedTV coverage at the same time

Turn 15

Anyway, on to the car pics.

Comment

And finally, the Vantage GS class cars

Also, if anyone is buying early Christmas presents I'll take this Juan Manuel Fangio painting. Please and thank you.

Last edited by Strychnine; 03-04-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Damn, I was suppose to be there Saturday too..
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

There's nothing strange about that obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Also, if anyone is buying early Christmas presents I'll take this Juan Manuel Fangio painting. Please and thank you.
            I can't make out the number, but is it 4 digits? It looks like it.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              I can't make out the number, but is it 4 digits? It looks like it.
              Yeah, it is

There were some other good ones too. Who doesn't want a Porsche 917 on their wall?

Comment

Yeah, it is

There were some other good ones too. Who doesn't want a Porsche 917 on their wall?

Those are cool, but not 4 digits cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  There's nothing strange about that obsession.
                  Not enough cylinders to sound cool IMO...

Was Patrick Dempsey driving one of the Multimatic Astons? You should check-out their shop if you're ever in Canada, that's where the Boss 302Rs are built. Also, the DP class winner's shop is over in Lewisville.(Gainsco/Bob Stallings)

Not sure which of those two red boss Rs you posted, but that's either driven by Jack Roush's son or Reba MacIntyre's son(sp?). Had I known you were going I'd have given you some old hard cards I had from the '10-11 season. They look the same and I guarantee they never would have noticed. I should have gone, but had way too much shit going-on this weekend.

Comment

Looks like a great time.
                    My wife's uncle built the track and lives down there, we were going to try and make it, just did not have the time.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                      Not enough cylinders to sound cool IMO...

Was Patrick Dempsey driving one of the Multimatic Astons? You should check-out their shop if you're ever in Canada, that's where the Boss 302Rs are built. Also, the DP class winner's shop is over in Lewisville.(Gainsco/Bob Stallings)

Not sure which of those two red boss Rs you posted, but that's either driven by Jack Roush's son or Reba MacIntyre's son(sp?). Had I known you were going I'd have given you some old hard cards I had from the '10-11 season. They look the same and I guarantee they never would have noticed. I should have gone, but had way too much shit going-on this weekend.

The Boss was Jack Roush Jr.
                      Not sure about Dempsey but I don't remember hearing anything about him.

One of the CJ Wilson Racing MX-5s won the ST class. I hate that guy.

Comment

Nice! Astons do sound nice.
                        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

The Boss was Jack Roush Jr.
                          Not sure about Dempsey but I don't remember hearing anything about him.

One of the CJ Wilson Racing MX-5s won the ST class. I hate that guy.
                          Ahh yeah CJ partnered with Jason Saini out at MSR Cresson. Never met the guy though. I believe they have 3-4 Miatas at all the GrandAm races.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                            Ahh yeah CJ partnered with Jason Saini out at MSR Cresson. Never met the guy though. I believe they have 3-4 Miatas at all the GrandAm races.
                            Miatas can be bad bitches on the race track. I scurred of dem.

Comment

Working...
                            X