No announcement yet.

Vintage playground equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am old enough to remember some of those. sure were awful to get on one of those slides in the summertime and when you got all the way to the bottom you looked like a piece of well done bacon.

Comment

I remember the steel dishes that spun in the playground. My brother got me going to fast on one of those I passed out and got slung into the monkey bars, woke up with a smashed face and shoulder and I was 10 foot from where I last remembered being. Good times.
      Last edited by CJ; 02-28-2013, 01:27 PM.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Get a sheet of wax paper on one of the huge slides and it would shoot you 20ft out on your ass.

Comment

We had a slide that curved up so you could get maximum air as you deployed at 79mph from the 60* incline.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
            I don't think I'd let my kid on the Miracle Sputnik.
            I have two girls, 3 & 5, and I don't think I could keep them off it. They swing on anything, climb on everything, jump off whatever they can.

They scare every parent around when they're playing, just like I did when I was a little shit.
            Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
              Yea that doesn't sound as bad, you get inside one in West Texas when its 100+ you had better not touch it where the sun is shinning directly on the shinny inside parts lol.
              Hell, just the yellow slides at a park in Richardson burned my boy's leg pretty good from the sun last summer. We just told him to hold his legs up higher and don't goof around getting down it. (he was 2 1/2 at the time)

He did good, but I'll admit I do look for equipment in the shade now during the summer. haha
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Not sure if that's any worse than those PVC or fiberglass, or whatever that would shock the shit out of you as you slid down. lol
                The big one at the state fair does that. I was watching people come down and it was popping so loud and hard that people screaming "ouch".

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                  I broke my collar bone when I was 7 on that Space Ship at Pollard Park- good times.
                  Back then they wrapped your arm in pledge of allegiance format and wrapped a cast around your entire back- hot itchy bitch in August heat
                  In the 4th grade, I slipped off of the monkey bars and broke my arm. The morning dew makes em slippery.

Comment

Even the swings suck now... They're all 10-12 feet so you can't really get any height. I remember ours was 18 feet tall and shit could you get height AND distance launching from the swing. Don't forget about the backflips too.
                    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Very cool grew up on alot of those

Comment

Working...
                            X