135 Million dollar home for sale in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 135 Million dollar home for sale in Dallas

Most expensive home for sale in the country is our backyards.

The Crespi-Hicks estate, on 25 bucolic acres just five minutes from downtown Dallas, recently became the most expensive single-family home for sale in the nation, at $135 million. It has more than 40,000 square feet of living space, including a five-story main house, two guesthouses and a pool house, according to Forbes, and was built for the magnificently named Italian Count Pio Crespi in 1939. The main house is 29,000 square feet of opulence, our friends at Curbed report. And other folks in the neighborhood include business and civic leaders, not least among them former President George W. Bush.

You can take a tour of the grounds with listing agent Douglas Newby in the video above, or see many (many, many) pictures on his website. (He does tend to go on a bit, both in the video and on his site, but if you want to cut to the chase, the best images start around three minutes into the video. On his site, you can find photo collections broken out into exterior, main house interior, main guesthouse, pool house and -- oh, yes -- more. We'd particularly commend to your attention the Art Deco bar and the stunning kitchen with centuries-old Dutch manganese tile.)

So, what's 3% of 135 million?

Comment

Does that have anything to do with Tom Hicks? If so torch the place.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
        Does that have anything to do with Tom Hicks? If so torch the place.
        Fairly certain it's his house. I know a guy that lives in that neighborhood, I'll ask him when I see him.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'll sell it for $120mm cash if any of you ballers are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Fairly certain it's his house. I know a guy that lives in that neighborhood, I'll ask him when I see him.
            Was just reading an article about it - it is Hicks house.

Comment

I am there twice a week. When I first got the account I looked it up on the tax roles and it was listed at $48 million and his property taxes cost him 50k per month which I thought was completely out of line. It will not sell anytime soon but my money says that when it does the new owner will be Russian and a bit shady.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I heard pattymelt just made an offer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  so, what's 3% of 135 million?
                  $4.05mm.

Comment

Little on the small side.
                    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

What a waste of money.

Comment

The homes of Palm Beah, FL and Jupiter Island are much nicer IMO. And you are right on the ocean. Can't put a price tag on that!

Comment

Fox body and 5k............
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

reminds me of James Freeman's house that thing was/is sweet! full temp controlled bat cave under the house it was awesome to work in.

Comment

You should be able to duplicate that for around $20,000,000 going apeshit on quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X