Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 42nd National Automobile Show

No one built an ugly car in 1957.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Sadly, it was all down hill from there.

Comment

I've never been a fan of the big rear fin era except for a 57 desoto 2 Dr hardtop. Those are amazing cars
      Originally posted by Yale
      I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

There used to be a museum called "57 heaven" that had nothing but 1957 cars/trucks in it. I think the owner auctioned everything off a few years ago and it's no longer around, but there was all sorts of cool cars/wagons/etc there.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
          There used to be a museum called "57 heaven" that had nothing but 1957 cars/trucks in it. I think the owner auctioned everything off a few years ago and it's no longer around, but there was all sorts of cool cars/wagons/etc there.

Would have loved to have gone to that. I think 1957 and 1969 are the 2 best years for cars in history.

Comment

I have a 57 Coupe Deville sitting under my car port right now.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
              Sadly, it was all down hill from there.
              I don't know about that. There were some great cars built in the '60s and early '70s, and today's stuff is pretty good too. I will say though, the late '50s styling is by far my favorite.
              Originally posted by SSsierra90 View Post
              I've never been a fan of the big rear fin era except for a 57 desoto 2 Dr hardtop. Those are amazing cars
              I used to have a '57 DeSoto Firedome coupe. It was "not" amazing, besides the sheer amount of rust it had. Shame too, it was a gorgeous car in its prime.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Would have loved to have gone to that. I think 1957 and 1969 are the 2 best years for cars in history.
              I can roll with that.
              Originally posted by MattB View Post
              My dad's boss bought five or six of those cars. I still have the auction sticker from the white/gold Adventurer coupe.

I didn't have photos of the Studebaker wagon, the Cadillac Series 62, or the Nomad, but you can kinda see them in the background. Those were some excellent cars.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              I have a 57 Coupe Deville sitting under my car port right now.
              It has roof damage, right? How is it coming along??

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                I don't know about that. There were some great cars built in the '60s and early '70s, and today's stuff is pretty good too. I will say though, the late '50s styling is by far my favorite.

I used to have a '57 DeSoto Firedome coupe. It was "not" amazing, besides the sheer amount of rust it had. Shame too, it was a gorgeous car in its prime.

I can roll with that.

How is it coming along??
                Talk about a flintstone mobile. I haven't seen anything from '64 I didn't like

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I think you might be on to something.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It has roof damage, right? How is it coming along??
                    Yep. I have been so busy with my car lot that I haven't been able to do much. Finally able to do some work on it. It's driveable now at least. I am trying to find someone that can fix the roof on it.

Comment

Good times.

Comment

God damn, no wonder my neighbors hate me.

Comment

God damn, no wonder my neighbors hate me.
                          Eric was there? That would do it.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                          X