People need to pay attention...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People need to pay attention...

Yesterday I awoke from my slumber from a text from my mom saying that my dad had backed into my car. My wife pulled it out of the driveway to get her car out and left it parked on the street because she was in a hurry, and dad just rolled right back into the driver's side where the front door and the rear door meet. Honest mistake, but he should have been paying attention. I have good insurance so it won't be an issue to fix. There's some paint gone and his paint transferred to it, and the sheet metal is bent pretty good.

The thing that really boils my blood is that when I left work yesterday, walk up to my car in an empty parking garage (I stayed late) and go to open my passengerside front door to throw my laptop bag in, and see this:

Fucking Camry that was parked next to me all day apparently just threw their door open and it slammed into mine. Opposite side of the car than the other damage. PAY A-FUCKING-TTENTION!!!! Just because you don't care about YOUR car doesn't give you the right to fuck someone else's up. I was parked clean, square, and in the middle of my spot, and this dent is about as long as a coke can is wide. There's no way this was a subtle accidental bump where it rubs the paint a bit. Fuck. I think someone is gonna get the air let out of their tires today...

At least I didn't get shot in the leg though...

I remember when my dad backed into my car. The sound was unmistakable. He started to blame me for leaving my car in the exact same location as I always did. I had to remind him about intersecting lines and how they don't lie. He quickly shut up.

Needless to say, my GT suffered less damage than his Suburban. I had a little paint transfer and he wound up with two decent sized dents.

Comment

Yup. Dad sheered off my side view mirror when I was in high school backing out of the garage. Just recently gave him a hard time about it again. lol

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Yup. Dad sheered off my side view mirror when I was in high school backing out of the garage. Just recently gave him a hard time about it again. lol
        That's nothing, Yesterday my dad decided to water sand and buff my car ( just had it painted 3 months ago) and knocked all the clear off the passenger door I should have known something was up when i seen him pull up with a Heavy duty ass Buffer.
        Street car.

Comment

Lol that reminds me of when I was just getting home from work late at night and I parked my Trans am in the driveway, as I was walking up my porch I notice my dad coming home in his Chevy pick up with a grill guard. He proceeded to pull up behind my car and plowed into my Trans am. The best part about it was he just put the bad boy in park and got out of his truck while walking away like a boss! He didn't even notice !

I was infuriated!!!!!

Comment

I feel the pain. My dad backed into my old 2 valve on Christmas day.

Comment

My dad totalled my car in July, his fault with 2 other cars involved. I had just gotten it back from having the hail damage repaired 3 weeks before.

Just ask Greg (Shaggin)

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                Fucking Camry that was parked next to me all day apparently just threw their door open and it slammed into mine. Opposite side of the car than the other damage. PAY A-FUCKING-TTENTION!!!!
                Sounds like you knew you parked next to a Camry. Your bad there, homie.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  Sounds like you knew you parked next to a Camry. Your bad there, homie.
                  In a crowded parking garage where there was no other place to park. I expect shit like this to happen on a small scale, especially in grocery store or strip mall parking lots, but in a garage where professionals work? I guess there's no escaping stupidity and negligence

Comment

Originally posted by DriveWayBuilt View Post
                    a Heavy duty ass Buffer.
                    Ummmmm... What's a heavy duty ass buffer?

Comment

Relatives have always done the most dammage to my cars.

My grandfather took my 100% perfect ElCamino SS and scraped the passenger side down a rock wall backing it down my driveway.

My father took my Cobra out one night and couldnt controll a burnout and cause 16k in suspension and wheel dammage and minor cosmetic dammage.
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

I'm so broke I can't pay attention.
                        Ded

Comment

My dad backed over the kiosk door at a walmart gas station with my pristine 98 Seville. I wasn't happy.

Comment

My dad burned my clutch up trying to do a burnout at our old warehouse in my car for some reason after I asked him to move it inside because it was about to hail, my mom backed into my driver side quarter panel when she wasn't supposed to be driving after neck surgery, she tried to say she couldn't see it in the rear view mirror. :|

My neighbor also backed into my hood/front bumper then wouldn't admit to it. But a tree fell on her car when we had a foot of snow two years ago, so I'm ok with that now.

Oh, and recently this year someone caved in my driver door and fender because they couldn't pull in or out of a parking spot correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post

My father took my Cobra out one night and couldnt controll a burnout and cause 16k in suspension and wheel dammage and minor cosmetic dammage.

How could you possibly do 16k worth of suspension and wheel damage to a Cobra doing a burn out?!

Comment

Working...
                              X