No announcement yet.

Any RC Folks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on 3s mine will ride wheelies on the back bumper....

Comment

• I'm trying to make a speed machine out of this one. I bought a 22 and 24t pinions to run the 54t spur. I hope I can keep the front end down.

Comment

• Speed monkey closed down. Sucks since that was the closest track to me

Comment

• Help educate me... I have a Traxxas Slash Ultimate 4x4, but I only mess with it occasionally. The problem is that I have to buy a battery almost every other time. Is that due to inactivity? I'm using the Venom Lipo 5000...well, I have 2 dead ones that won't hold a charge longer than 2 minutes of run time, and I need another now.

Comment

• Do a storage charge before you put it up for storage

Comment

• If you are running the lipo all the way down and then just putting them up for the day or week or whatever that is the worst thing you can possibly do and honestly dangerous. You are only EVER supposed to use 80% of the rated capacity of the battery when under load. So if you have a 5000 mah battery when playing with it you are only supposed to use 4000 mah.

Also running it down to the point that it will not even barely run the vehicle does irreversible damage to the pack. If you don't have any other way possible to measure it then as soon as you see the vehicles performance start to drop off stop playing with it immediately. When the pack has cooled down either recharge it and play again or put a storage charge on it and put it up. But do NOT leave it all the way discharged like that. Lipo is a great technology but you have to care for it.
              Last edited by inline 6; 02-10-2014, 05:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kenny c View Post
                Help educate me... I have a Traxxas Slash Ultimate 4x4, but I only mess with it occasionally. The problem is that I have to buy a battery almost every other time. Is that due to inactivity? I'm using the Venom Lipo 5000...well, I have 2 dead ones that won't hold a charge longer than 2 minutes of run time, and I need another now.
                you didn't say if it was 2s or 3s...... if its a 3s and you are "bashing" you will most likely damage the esc, and most people think the esc is hitting lvd. the vxl and 3s are for speed runs only.

Comment

• I would also add, if you are not using a charger that has built in cell balancing(ensures no cell gets more charge than another) then you should buy and external cell balancer to be used in conjunction with your charger. As mentioned, you are doing irreversible damage to the cells and will eventually lead to a pack catching fire and possibly destroying your slash.
                  "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• You know, these things are sold as toys but if you are in the lipo game they are hardly toys and require much greater attention to what you are doing to them. A battery that has been properly placd in storage will hold that charge and be just fine for quite some time.

Comment

• Yep...user error. My bad. Thanks for the info.

Comment

• radial engine P-47 was badass.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by kenny c View Post
                          Yep...user error. My bad. Thanks for the info.
                          No biggie, that's why were here.

Comment

• I have several sets of buggy and truggy wheels/tires

some new and some used. hit me up if interested

Comment

• Bashing Texas style.

Comment

• Cant watch that at work but I will when I get home. I will update on my new build as well.

I also have a fully decked out slayer pro for sale if anyone is interested. Its MINT with tons of hop ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X