Dragon Con nerd alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jester View Post
    I want to go to one badly! Not sure what i would go as, though.
    Check your avatar!

Comment

Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
      holy shit. thats alot of fucking nerds. Do those people make those costumes themselves, or do they buy them?
      I actually looked into this because I'm probably gonna go to the next one as a Colonial Marine (Battlestar Galactica) or something similar cause........well I'm a giant nerd.

But anyway, a lot of costumes are built by hand by the people who wear them. Some of them are "commissioned", and that's where you hire someone to build a costume for you. There's actually people who make a living "commissioning" costumes. This can cost anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars depending on how complex the costume is.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

So I went to Dragon Con this past weekend, and it was fun as hell. I'm not a big cosplayer, but I was impressed by the lengths people went to with their outfits. Hell, at one point, there was a giant troop of the space marines from Aliens charging all over. The crazy thing about it was, the con was all over downtown Atlanta, and the panels and shows were still way over capacity. I'm told preregistrants alone were around 55,000, to say nothing of those that just paid at the door (there's no limit to either). It was fucking packed, and I pity anyone that tried to get anything done in Downtown Atlanta during the con, lol.

EDIT: I can honestly say it was more fun than the LSR.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Dallas Comic Con is a month away.

Originally posted by Jester
          Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
          He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
          Originally posted by Denny
          What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
          FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Working...
          X