Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guy on LS1Tech doesn't understand why his dyno numbers are not higher!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crapstang View Post
    why make the merge point so horrible? That would not cost him a dime more
    Only he could answer that, I would have done it differently and so has he in the past on other cars.
    Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      Not the only mod.

And BTW, the merge looks more like a 90 degree intersection of flow (still not good, but not as bad as you are claiming it to be).

had he just gone straight with the passenger side pipe (merging where he put the gate) it would have been 100x better.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
        had he just gone straight with the passenger side pipe (merging where he put the gate) it would have been 100x better.
        The question is

can you tune it?

Comment

Even Matt agree's, but after having 8 turbo cars and building a few myself, I can tell you that that merge is not costing him 200hp. It is ugly as fuck though. Who cares though? What is the best mph you've done in 1/4?
          Never ran a 1/4, probably don't have the gear for it currently as I am going through the traps at 120/6300rpm in the 1/8th.

Seems like you're pulling what Sam was pulling one you.
          It is fine for you to think that, I think one huge difference is I didn't make a point to do things crappy at every corner. As a matter of fact I'd consider it to be the opposite of what I was trying to achieve, I guess we are both building cars on a budget, except I try to do things right as I go vs. just pissing on the right way all the while claiming "I know the right way to do it, I just choose to do a suck tastic job".

If something sucks on my car it was not by design.

Comment

In the other pic it doesn't show the angles well. I definitely see the issue and he's going to change it. But I don't think it's costing him 200hp, in reality though, who cares. He's having fun and going pretty fast for what it is. 141mph in the quarter is pretty good for a fucked up merge.
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
              The question is

can you tune it?
              Actually, no. He is using a MS1.

Comment

In the other pic it doesn't show the angles well. I definitely see the issue and he's going to change it. But I don't think it's costing him 200hp, in reality though, who cares. He's having fun and going pretty fast for what it is. 141mph in the quarter is pretty good for a fucked up merge.
                He post this stuff all over because he knows it is a hack job and he likes the response he gets from those who value taking their time and doing good work. As a matter of fact I bet you he would appreciate me posting this. I am no master fabricator (only a master tuner), but when I saw that merge I couldn't help but think, why in the world (budget or no budget) would you think that is okay. Everyone keeps talking about not thinking it is costing him xxx hp, who the hell knows, he might be the only person to hack up a cross over this bad!

Comment

Actually, no. He is using a MS1.
                  That he built and tuned, he also does hptuners, ls1edit, hondata, crome and a shitload more.

Never ran a 1/4, probably don't have the gear for it currently as I am going through the traps at 120/6300rpm in the 1/8th.

It is fine for you to think that, I think one huge difference is I didn't make a point to do things crappy at every corner. As a matter of fact I'd consider it to be the opposite of what I was trying to achieve, I guess we are both building cars on a budget, except I try to do things right as I go vs. just pissing on the right way all the while claiming "I know the right way to do it, I just choose to do a suck tastic job".

If something sucks on my car it was not by design.
                  Not the same, but similar. Name calling and starting defamatory threads. Not a big deal to me though and the "suck tastic" job is most likely much cheaper than the route you went. Doesn't excuse the merge issue, but it does explain some of the others. I still really like your build and I will continue to like the 1 new build per month, if not more that Matt does.

He post this stuff all over because he knows it is a hack job and he likes the response he gets from those who value taking their time and doing good work. As a matter of fact I bet you he would appreciate me posting this. I am no master fabricator (only a master tuner), but when I saw that merge I couldn't help but think, why in the world (budget or no budget) would you think that is okay. Everyone keeps talking about not thinking it is costing him xxx hp, who the hell knows, he might be the only person to hack up a cross over this bad!
                  Since he is changing it, I guess we'll see if your theory was correct and I agree. Seems like he subscribes to the thought that any publicity is good publicity. I'm sure he would just continue on with his day.
                  Last edited by VaderTT; 10-04-2012, 11:24 AM.
                  Ded

Comment

That he built and tuned, he also does hptuners, ls1edit, hondata, crome and a shitload more.

Not the same, but similar. Name calling and starting defamatory threads. Not a big deal to me though and the "suck tastic" job is most likely much cheaper than the route you went. Doesn't excuse the merge issue, but it does explain some of the others. I still really like your build and I will continue to like the 1 new build per month, if not more that Matt does.

Since he is changing it, I guess we'll see if your theory was correct.
                    i appreciate that and have always had respect for you as well and appreciated your input, having read through some of his post (namely the one on yellowbullet), i have to say though he really does pride himself on being a hack, i guess when i say it probably does sound defamatory, but having read his post i don't feel nearly as bad since he all but confirms it by defending poor workmanship.

is it cheaper then my build? i would hope so! that really wasn't my point, my point was that I am also a hands on, wants to do all of it type guy who doesn't have unlimited funds to put towards a toy, a key difference however is that I do my best to do my best rather then prove that you can get away with less just for the sake of getting away with less. how much does it cost to use a torque wrench for example? how much to properly route cross over pipes? i could keep going but this has already been discussed.

i just hope he starts taking safety a little more seriously since even a blind squirrel will get a nut every once and a while and the ls1 is so good that even with the hacks you throw enough boost and nitrous at one and it'll move, and he is moving fast enough to hurt himself or someone else in the quest to prove that wrong can work.

Comment

<---can't believe this thread isn't maxing the tags block out.
                      Last edited by dville_gt; 10-04-2012, 11:36 AM. Reason: and were off...

Comment

<---can't believe this thread isn't maxing the tags block out.
                        LOL, the tagsters aren't in here yet! And I agree with the saftey crap, he prides himself on running fast and not getting the boot. About the budget thing, keep in mind he has done like 8-9 FULL builds this year (not all his) and like 4 of his own. Dat takes da skrilla!

Originally posted by Denmah View Post
                        apparently tech never talks to the start or finish line...

"13.50 is my best time" in tech... lol

*belts out 10.87 in a 4700lb truck first pass*
                        I do agree with you for the most part though. Some of the corners cut make me laugh.
                        Ded

Comment

The hood stays shut 95% of the time anyway quit yer bitchin!!!!111
                          2012 GT500

Comment

Ive talked to matt a few times. Thats the thing with those guys.

He has went 9's in the car and i enjoy watching his antic's even if ill never do anything he does.

Comment

Some of the corners cut make me laugh.
                              finally something we agree on.

Comment

I sent him a message containing the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X