Philadelphia cop punches woman.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philadelphia cop punches woman.

I blew this up and watched it several times. What it looks like happened is the woman was walking up to see what was going on, someone behind her sprayed water up in the air which hit the cops, AND her, she turns around to see where it came from then looks back at the police right as they turn around, and they immediately assume it was her. Then, kerblam-o.

Cell phone video that show a woman being struck by a police officer at the Festival de la Americas following the Philadelphia Puerto Rican Day Parade is getting thousands of views on YouTube and is generating comments and questions about the officer’s actions.

The video shows several police officers at Sunday's festival and a crowd of people. The woman, identified as Aida Guzman of Chester, Pa., is hit by one of the officers and falls to the ground.

Photos: Officer Strikes Woman
    "You only see one vantage point, but what you do see is disturbing, I have to be honest about that" said Deputy Police Commissioner Richard Ross.

The incident happened near 5th and Lehigh streets in North Philadelphia, after the parade on the Parkway. Parade organizers say they had nothing to do with the North Philadelphia event. Officials say Guzman was spraying silly string at officers involved in a traffic stop.

"The guy was out there spinning wheels and burning up tires in the middle of the highway, which is not normal. And we're out there to make sure that stopped. As we're doing it, things are being thrown, liquids are being tossed, substances being sprayed from a can" says Fraternal Order of Police president John McNesby.

Guzman was cited for disorderly conduct. Her face was bleeding as officers took her away. She doesn't speak much English, but tells NBC10 "I feel angry, very angry. I go to someplace, got a good time and look this happen, for no reason".

Philadelphia police confirm the officer involved in the incident is Lt. Jonathan Josey. Josey has been with the department for more than 17 years and is a decorated supervisor with the Highway Patrol. He is now on administrative duty.

Officer Josey's History
    Internal Affairs is investigating the incident, according to police. The FOP says it will defend Josey "to the end." McNesby said officers don't know what's being thrown at them, it has been bleach and urine in the past. He cautioned people not to judge the incident by a small clip of video.

Lt. Josey has made headlines before. He was exonerated in the shooting death of a Philadelphia man shortly after the man robbed a convenience store in Lower Merion in March 2010.

In July 2010, Lt. Josey was stabbed in the back while trying to break up a fight outside a West Philadelphia bar.

The executive director of Concilio, which puts on the parade every year, called on police to fully investigate:

"While thousands of people celebrated at Concilio’s Puerto Rican Day Parade on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, an unexplainable incident was taking place at a community-run activity in North Philadelphia.

While we have no knowledge of what led to the incident, it is clear from the video that a police officer unnecessarily and brutally struck a woman in the face.

One of the reasons for Concilio’s founding 50 years ago was to combat police brutality such as the assault shown in this video. Even as we celebrate the tremendous advancements of Philadelphia’s Hispanic community over the decades, we cannot overlook this episode. We call on the Philadelphia Police Department to fully investigate and take appropriate action.

We thank the thousands of citizens who came out and celebrated Puerto Rican heritage at our very special event on the Parkway, but we cannot fully celebrate until incidents such as this assault in North Philadelphia never happen again."

If you witnessed the incident, police want to talk to you. Call Internal Affairs at 215-685-5056.

Hell yeah split that bitch's lip good.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Punching Puertoricans was a class in the academy.

Comment

She got fucking decked... but ill hand it to her. She didn't get knocked out though. She looked pretty cute too!

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
          She got fucking decked... but ill hand it to her. She didn't get knocked out though. She looked pretty cute too!

Yeah, I bet once her face doesn't look like ground beef she'll clean up nice.

Comment

Ha, saw this on reddit yesterday, where did the woman in black run off to? lol
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by aCid View Post
              Something tells me you like giving dames the ole strawberry shortcake.
              How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                Ha, saw this on reddit yesterday, where did the woman in black run off to? lol
                I don't think it was her. Who ever did it had shorter pants on. I love his first reaction was to punch her. What a fucking idiot. She should have been a little further back though instead of jumping around right behind them. No reason to hit her but she did put herself in a shitty spot.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                  ...but she did put herself in a shitty spot.

lol, you guys just never can resist it, can you?

Comment

I think many officers over use force, and when they do, they should face the same charges a citizen would. That being said, that video shows nothing. She walked up behind the officers and something was thrown on them -- all of them. We have no idea what she yelled (if anything at the LEO's) or if they yelled for her to stop and she took off. Heck, what do you think she was going to do if she found whomever threw something on her?

I look at a situation like this as being pretty simple. If I know a bunch of idiots are going to be together in a group like that, throwing stuff at LEO's and other people, vandalizing property, etc., then I'm going to make sure I'm somewhere far away. Problem solved.

Oh, and she obviously is wife material since she learned the first time as we never saw a second punch.

Comment

Why is there a puerto rican pride day in america?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                        lol, you guys just never can resist it, can you?
                        It's obvious but she consciously put herself into a position to get blindsided by a cop for no reason at all. She should consider herself lucky she didn't get shot, after all it was her fault and that video only shows 1 side of the story.

Comment

That cop needs to get his ass beat. What a pathetic man.

Comment

I'm confused. Did I post this under a different name?
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                              Why is there a puerto rican pride day in america?
                              So cops can practice punching them.

Comment

Working...
                              X