On the subject of 6 flags....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On the subject of 6 flags....

A few years ago I decided I wanted the kids to have a 1/2 scale car after taking them to Disney. So the search was on.

That search took quite some time. But low and behold I found a car advertised on ebay out of California. It was advertised as a former Six Flags car.

I bought it without any documentation, just on the gentleman's word. Here it is in my driveway:

On the side you can't see (against the fence) is stenciling that says "Six Flags". It's all there except for the engine, pedals and steering assembly.

As the last few years went by I wondered about the car and couldn't find proof that it was ever really a ride at Six Flags over Texas. Then a couple of months ago I took the kids there and found this poster:

If you look at the interior pic of the car in the driveway...it's that same blue. Obviously the same Corvair body style, headlights, etc.

Also, kids were watching the Boomerang cartoon channel the other day, specifically the old show called "Banana Splits". On the ending of that show it shows the characters driving these cars that look just like the poster/mine and gives credits in the end to "Six Flags Over Texas".

Pretty cool. Wish I could find some more history and/or photographs of them. I've never seen another one.
    1990 Mustang GT - 8.17 @ 176
    1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
    2013 Viper Coupe - Just a Dodge
    2009 Rubicon - Lifted, geared, bumpered
    1991 Syclone - 25K miles
    1970 Roadrunner - Thanks Gary
    2013 GT500, 2016 Hellcat, 1972 C10
    1999 Baja - Water Toy

You gonna restore it?

Comment

thats really cool. good story and history behind them. my dad might remember them he worked their like the second year they opened.

i would like to see pics of it all restored to its former glory.

Comment

Banana Splits was filmed at Six Flags over Texas? I never realized that.

Now I got that damn song in my head. LA LA LA, LA-LA-LA LAAA, LA LA LA, LA-LA-LA LAAAAAA. One banana, two banana, three banana, four...

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post

Now I got that damn song in my head. LA LA LA, LA-LA-LA LAAA, LA LA LA, LA-LA-LA LAAAAAA. One banana, two banana, three banana, four...
          Part of the credits were apparently.
          1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
          1991 Syclone - 25K miles
          1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

Originally posted by boost addict View Post
            Part of the credits were apparently.

First season of the live action stuff was shot at Six Flags. A bunch of older guys I know still have 35mm prints of the some of the shows...pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post

Lol damn you! I was able to resist the first mention now it's stuck in my head too.

Never saw it when it first aired as I'm only 28 but I used to watch it every night on cartoon network as a kid.

Also cool little car. I remember riding some cars like that back in the early 90s. I don't remember if it was those or at some other park though.

XBL Tag = veight7

Comment

Very cool history behind that car.

More stuff they shot at Six Flags.

Comment

awesome. You going back to box stock?

Comment

I don't know what kind of engine was in it, so it won't go back to box stock. Probably smooth over where the bumpers were too so it won't have the goofy looking ones on it. Have to fab up a windshield too.

I'm open to ideas?
                    1994 Supra TT - 6 speed
                    1991 Syclone - 25K miles
                    1999 Baja - Water Toy

Comment

I think I drove that bitch back in '76! If there's an old joint tucked up underneath that rear cowl, it's the one!

Comment

Originally posted by boost addict View Post
                        I don't know what kind of engine was in it, so it won't go back to box stock. Probably smooth over where the bumpers were too so it won't have the goofy looking ones on it. Have to fab up a windshield too.

I'm open to ideas?
                        you could put a 50cc motor in it and have a fun little toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackout View Post
                          you could put a 50cc motor in it and have a fun little toy.
                          i'd get a old honda 4 wheeler motor, like an ATC70 or something with a pull start, put a big bore kit on it and it would push that thing around pretty nice.

Comment

Comment

Six Flags Car

Yes, they used these cars at Six Flags parks and others around the country.
                              I have had mine for years, and have not seen too many others.

Bill

www.arrowturnpike.com

Last edited by BillW; 10-27-2012, 01:52 PM. Reason: add map

Comment

Working...
                              X