A trip down memory lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine > than all the rest combined

You had to shift it every 3rd track or car stopped and yes, you could red light

Comment

Originally posted by Pur Vnm View Post
      Pretty cool! Don't let your son race you in your real car, I don't think you'd win against him, he's fearless. LOL

There used to be a Slot Car Track business in the Pleasant Grove Shopping Center (in Dallas)back in the '60s & '70s. It had a huge track that people would come in with their (larger) slot cars and pay a buck or two per hour to run on.

Talk about a Trip Down Memory Lane... Awww, the good ol' days...
      There was one on Mesquite on Galloway as late as the early 90's I went to.

I grew up near the grove and remember my Dad telling me about he and his brothers racing there.

Comment

that's such a simple toy now days but tons of fun especially designing different track setups!

Comment

The good old days.

Comment

i have one boxed up in the closet. went norm's in carrollton and greatly expanded the length of the out of box set. also got slicks in lieu of the stock tires. use to be really into that hobby, but no longer have the room for my track.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
              I dont know if they sell something turnkey, but there are such animals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVCOl...eature=related
              There are a few tracks around, I use to think I had a quick car tell Archie King showed up one nite.

Comment

Working...
              X