A trip down memory lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A trip down memory lane

My son got a slot car track for Christmas. I haven't played w/ one in YEARS!

I used to have one at my dad's in san antonio. My brother and I had hours of fun with it.

Comment

i love the smell those contacts make.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Man, I used to LOVE running my slot cars! I didn't even know they still made them.

Comment

greatness
          -Blaine

Comment

Kick ass.
            http://www.69ecatsstrip.com

Comment

I got my son a Mustang versus Camaro slot car track this year. He and his cousins and friends played with it for hours. There is still a huge track layout setup in the game room...

Hobby Lobby has some cool tracks and they even sell new slot cars.
              01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

i wonder if they sell something like a long drag strip, i'd be cool to have one in the game room, with like 10 or 15 different little cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Fastlane View Post
                  I got my son a Mustang versus Camaro slot car track this year.
                  My buddy got that for his nephew this year, it looked pretty cool.

Comment

^I want
                    Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                    -Fred Sanford

Comment

I remember getting the "Cliffhangers" when I was like 10. One of the BEST Christmas gifts I ever got!

Comment

I'm going to have to get one for myself looks badass

Comment

Those are great! I'm pretty sure I had the Smokey & The Bandit and the Dukes of Hazzard versions.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyZ06 View Post
                            i wonder if they sell something like a long drag strip, i'd be cool to have one in the game room, with like 10 or 15 different little cars.
                            I dont know if they sell something turnkey, but there are such animals.

Part 1 of 3 - A brief intro to what racing is like at Island Raceway in Valley Stream, NY. Like what you see? Contact Tony @ 516-593-0807
                            Last edited by TRAXX; 12-27-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Pretty cool! Don't let your son race you in your real car, I don't think you'd win against him, he's fearless. LOL

There used to be a Slot Car Track business in the Pleasant Grove Shopping Center (in Dallas)back in the '60s & '70s. It had a huge track that people would come in with their (larger) slot cars and pay a buck or two per hour to run on.

Talk about a Trip Down Memory Lane... Awww, the good ol' days...

Comment

Working...
                              X