Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are still some deals out there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    PAWN STARS!!

j/k
    Did you see the one that they paid $12.5K for? Had the pimp red velvet tuck & roll!
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
      Did you see the one that they paid $12.5K for? Had the pimp red velvet tuck & roll!
      That was a stupid show. They're making comments about how if not for the glued on "kustom" interior they would have been able to salvage/reuse the factory interior dash pad, door panels, etc. Stupid. Everyone knows you have to replace all that crap on those cars and it is all available. Gut car, install new stuff, done. Idiots.

Comment

Very nice, my dad would be interested in this, pm me if your interested in flipping it.
        Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
          That was a stupid show. They're making comments about how if not for the glued on "kustom" interior they would have been able to salvage/reuse the factory interior dash pad, door panels, etc. Stupid. Everyone knows you have to replace all that crap on those cars and it is all available. Gut car, install new stuff, done. Idiots.
          I saw that as well. I was laughing the whole time at those tools.

We spent less than $1000 for a complete interior in a 66. Everything, and I mean every little piece plus the hardware, brand new.

Comment

That friggin show can be so damned fake some times...what was he saying he was in it something like $20-$22K?...all new drivetrain, paint/body, interior, wheels/tires, labor for it all, etc. Yeah right.

And that dipshit now has his own show "Counting Cars"....you can tell that one is totally staged when he just supposidly pulls people over on the side of the road. What a douche that guy is...The Count....should be The Cunt.
            70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
              I saw that as well. I was laughing the whole time at those tools.

We spent less than $1000 for a complete interior in a 66. Everything, and I mean every little piece plus the hardware, brand new.
              If I had to replace all the parts of the door trim panels on my 69 it would be over half that. 64-68 is cheap as hell compaired to the 69.

But I got air in the dash from the factory.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Well that $1000 covered the seats, headliner, carpet, windlace, door pannels, trim and scuff pannels, kick and quarter skins, locks, door handles, visors, dash pad. Basically everything but the steering wheel.

That stuff was throw-away in the 60's. You can never save it, and it's too cheap and easy to not replace.

I painted the dashpad to match because the original maroon is just ugly.

Comment

Oh, and if that dude stopped me in traffic, surrounded me with tv cameras, my price would instantly double. What a douche.

Like the guys from gas monkey showing up in a Raptor with their shop name burned into the wood of their trailer. Then they try and hassle people on prices? I'd double my price for them, too.

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Haven't updated here in a while....here's a sneak peek of progress. Expect to have it back in my garage next weekend, and starting reassembly in the very near future

Goal is to have it ready in time for the spring Good Guys show.
                      70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

That color is straight up minty fresh.

Comment

Damn that paint looks beautiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Damn that paint looks beautiful!
                            I have a VERY good painter.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              I have a VERY good painter.
                              I would agree with that! Very nice.

Comment

Fucking nice!!
                                "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                                http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                                Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                                Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                                http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                                www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X