Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are still some deals out there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice find. I got hooked on the vintage stangs when I restored a '66 coupe last year. I'd love to find a deal on a '67-'68 fastback, or even a '65-'66 fastback. In my brief search this year, all I could find were rust buckets. Everyone thinks their "elenore" is a $50,000 masterpiece, when the thin ass sheet metal wasn't worth its' weight in scrap.

Keep us posted on the restoration!!

Oh, and what's that color? Original?

Comment

Nice score. That's why I always keep a good amount of cash on hand. You never know when you will come across someone that needs cash now and are willing to unload stuff for pennies on the dollar.

Comment

Color is original....called burnt amber...sort of an orange/brown.
        70' Chevelle RagTop
        (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Very nice find! Congrats. I thought you needed a time machine to get a good deal on a fastback these days.

Comment

^^lol^^ you do, or a ton of luck.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                Color is original....called burnt amber...sort of an orange/brown.
                AMBERGLO

Congrads.

Comment

Ember glow was actually what they called it in 66, to me it looks almost exactly the same tho (maybe a little more rusty) I think they just changed the name to burnt amber in 67. Evidently it was a rare color for a fastback.

Heres a 66 http://www.floridamusclecars.com/mus...mberglow.shtml

And a 67 http://www.mustangmonthly.com/featur...ck_mike_audet/
                  70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

edit:

beat me to it

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                    AMBERGLO

Congrads.
                    Negative

Emberglow was only available in '66.

His is Burnt Amber, and they are a little different. Emberglow has more orange to it. Either way, its expensive paint, and gorgeous.

Comment

What a score! I know you enjoy flipping classics, but this one is a keeper if you're into classic mustangs. Does the marti show that it's a true gta? Not only are rust free classics rare enough, but this one has a lot going for it.
                      C code fastback GTA
                      nice color
                      original docs
                      KEEP IT! I think you should at least enjoy restoring it and driving it awhile before you get rid of it.

Comment

Awesome find.

Comment

I hate you! LOL Very nice find, I couldn't get rid of it though. I have a soft spot in my heart for old fastback Mustangs.
                          92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by HenryJ View Post
                            What a score! I know you enjoy flipping classics, but this one is a keeper if you're into classic mustangs. Does the marti show that it's a true gta? Not only are rust free classics rare enough, but this one has a lot going for it.
                            C code fastback GTA
                            nice color
                            original docs
                            KEEP IT! I think you should at least enjoy restoring it and driving it awhile before you get rid of it.
                            Yessir, shows to be a real burnt amber GTA on the Marti Report. Fold down seat, shoulder restraints, and tilt away column as original options listed.

I've started stripping it for paint already....figuring we'll be playing it safe and going back stock with this one.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                              Yessir, shows to be a real burnt amber GTA on the Marti Report. Fold down seat, shoulder restraints, and tilt away column as original options listed.

I've started stripping it for paint already....figuring we'll be playing it safe and going back stock with this one.
                              Please.

Comment

Do want. PM your asking price!

Comment

Working...
                                X