Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

There are still some deals out there....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are still some deals out there....

EDIT: 2/12/13 - I will start adding some progress pics to this thread.

I always say that car guys should follow every lead. This one actually found me...random email from a guy I haven't spoken with in about 10-years, asking if I was still "into old cars". Sounded like a bunch of BS at first, but once I got in touch with him by phone I quickly realized this was something I needed to move fast on. It's a 67 GTA, 2-owners, tons of documentation including the original bill of sale & title, and a Marti report indicating that the car is one of 921 with it's options. Car was in a light frontend collision about 15 years ago...was repaired with all Ford NOS parts, aprons, core support, fenders, etc. Has sat in some Dude's garage since that time. It is the straightest and most rust free original that I have come across in years...all original quarters, floors, trunk, etc....with ZERO rust anywhere. Just a C-code 289 car, but runs and drives great.

I picked this thing up for a ridiculous deal, and it came with so many parts that I had to have a friend come with his truck b/c I ran out of room in the back of mine.

Currently undecided what I'm going to do with it, but pretty sure I'm going to flip it....just not sure if I'm going to put it up as-is, or maybe paint it and put it all back together for a bigger profit.
    Last edited by Rreemo; 02-12-2013, 03:00 PM.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Paint it and make it reliable, maybe put an interior in it. Basically make it a nice cruiser for somebody. That's where the market is at. It may be better that it's a small block auto car.

If you paid any kind of decent price, you will make a fortune.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I vote paint, wheels, sell.

Comment

Any interior pics? Looks damn clean.
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          I vote paint, wheels, sell.
          Ed Zachary.

Some 14" torque thrusts and white letter tires on fresh paint with new carpet/headliner and assembled interior... Ship it, Chauncey!
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Eleanor body kit!!1!1

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Eleanor body kit!!1!1
              Shut the fuck up LOL!
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              dont downshift!!

Comment

Interior is near perfect....original headliner looks practically new, the seats have already been re-cushioned/covered, came with new carpet and a couple sets of new door panels (originals are still nice, but has new ones too)...all new hardware, seals, etc. in boxes. Original console is in excellent shape, has a fold-down rear seat and one of those rare vacuum tilt-away columns. The thing literally came with everything to restore it...new bumpers, grill, original style fog light assy, GT wheels from Wheel Vintiques...still in the boxes, etc, etc. The guy has been collecting parts for years, and it turns out he had 2-3 of some things, so there's even a lot of extra stuff to sell off too.

This was one of those deals where the guy isn't really what I'd consider to be a car guy in the first place....the idea of restoring a old Mustang was originally a cool idea, and he bought up a bunch of parts for several years, but then over time he realized he didn't have the skills to do a lot of the work himself, then he got married, then had some kids, lifes priorities changed....now a bunch of years later he has taken a new job out of state, is having to pick up and move his entirely family, and realized it just isn't practical to also pack all this crap up and take it along too....I think he also needed the money to help with the move. He said he didn't have time or want to deal with selling everything off, so he called me asking if I'd make an offer on everything and come haul it all off at once....it's no longer his problem to worry about now!

I'm guessing he apparently did no research and had no idea what this thing is really worth....or maybe he just didn't care and wanted it gone that bad. Either way I'm glad he remembered my name.
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Damn good find! Finish it and flip it..

Comment

Solid car, and solid brag!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Shut the fuck up LOL!

Nothing says awesome like a "go baby go" button!

Comment

Originally posted by sean88gt View Post
                        :d

nothing says awesome like a "go baby go" button!
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

Slap some paint on it, take it so a few local shows, and sell it to someone that has to have it.

Comment

I like your Texaco Gas Pump!

Comment

Great score! I'd love a fastback someday!

Maybe I'll be in the right place at the right time someday....

Comment

Working...
                              X