Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

evolution of Darius 240z (Darius Khasabasbasbasbasbsai or whateva)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The car is still cool, but I think it was better when it was just a Z. If he was going to take a car that far, he should have just started with a 2-seater 280 or something.

There is a guy on another forum that is taking a nice, real '07-10 GT500 and hacking it to pieces to make a race car. Seems like a dumb thing to do, but it isn't my money.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

And that video is why I bought my 260.
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I on the other hand think the new version is pure sex!!! (except for the PC big red bov sticking out the hood).
        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Why can't people just hack up 280s? Leave the 240s and 260s alone.
          Mine is a 260Z 2+2 so its not as cool.
          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

man i remember that vid, boy im old

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
              I'm with you, I loved the "stockish" clean look it originally had. I'd like to his reasons for going the way he went with it.
              Darius got really involved in track days and car racing. With that in mind, it is easy to see what happened.

IMHO, I also preferred it as a kick ass street car. But I can easily see how that street car would NOT have been fun on a track.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                I on the other hand think the new version is pure sex!!! (except for the PC big red bov sticking out the hood).
                'Looks like a wanna-be hood ornament to me

Overall, I like it

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                  Why can't people just hack up 280s? Leave the 240s and 260s alone.
                  This

Originally posted by SC457A View Post
                  Mine is a 260Z 2+2 so its not as cool.
                  I had one, I LOVED it. It was far from stock though, but you could not tell from the exterior except for the exhaust and the 'hurricane' wheels.

Stevo
                  Originally posted by SSMAN
                  ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

haters gunna hate

Comment

Fuck opti's, I had an lt1 in my first swaped fc rx7, that was the only thing that gave me trouble.
                      I have one from when the car was new in '96 that still works. I have another one that supported an engine that saw 7200rpm every time it was out. It was replaced because of internet ju ju speak. If you want either one I'll sail them to you.

Comment

Lol, I was going to say that. Darius lives in the north bay SF, I wouldn't be surprised if that was a 1.2-1.5m house. My parents had a 4 bedroom rancher built in the 70's that sold for over 1m in 2002.
                        My parents bought there's in 72 for 39,500 and sold it for 220,000 in 1981, the house is currently going for 1.2 million. It is just a simple Ranch style house in Mountain View, CA that I grew up in....ridiculous!

I also own a 71 sbc power 240Z, I remember that video back in the day, badass!

Mine is driven all over the metroplex on pump gas, fun little street car!

Comment

Zfan, nice run!
                          Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                            My parents bought there's in 72 for 39,500 and sold it for 220,000 in 1981, the house is currently going for 1.2 million. It is just a simple Ranch style house in Mountain View, CA that I grew up in....ridiculous!

I also own a 71 sbc power 240Z, I remember that video back in the day, badass!

Mine is driven all over the metroplex on pump gas, fun little street car!

http://youtu.be/kLWRPK4YrVo
                            Yeah, I know Mountain View, ours was in Clayton at the bottom of Mt. Diablo.
                            I've seen your car and everytime I drool!! Only thing I would do is an update to a Gen.III/IV smallblock.

Titties!!!!

I'm just running through different swap chassis. After the truck was broken into I've been contemplating an Ls swap in either a 240z, s13 240sx, e36, fdrx7 or a fox.
                            Ded

Comment

I currently have a 5.3 truck motor sitting in my garage waiting on winter to become a 382 LSX with a small power adder! Can't beat them for performance and fuel economy!

Comment

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                                I currently have a 5.3 truck motor sitting in my garage waiting on winter to become a 382 LSX with a small power adder! Can't beat them for performance and fuel economy!
                                Nice!!
                                Ded

Comment

Working...
                                X