BMW 1000RR vs 1000hp Supra 7175

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
    FYI at 1200rw I've slaughtered several stroker/nitrous Busas. So it really depends on the car and setup.

1000hp car will pull on any factory liter bike IMO, most of them being easy kills but the BMW is pretty beastly
    i wouldnt say easy kills...there are a handful of stock bikes that 1000hp isnt just going to run away from.

from a dig, forget about that. no chance

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
      i wouldnt say easy kills...there are a handful of stock bikes that 1000hp isnt just going to run away from.

from a dig, forget about that. no chance
      At 1000hp in a Supra we've been 9.20's. A few weeks later on my 07 GSXR 1000, bone stock I went 9.80's.

So yes from a stop a properly setup Supra is going to fuck up most stock liter bikes.

The BMW is a bad ass

This is a FULL WEIGHT street trim Supra that dyno'd at roughly 1000hp. It was always between 980rw and 1040rw.
      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lsa_Jhrhj0[/ame]

Here's what a properly setup 1200rw car with a bad driver can do to a "built busa"
      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJkO_9XFDA&list=FLtiWM6uhUlxobd00A9saduA& index=35&feature=plpp_video[/ame]
      Last edited by Junkie; 07-29-2012, 01:39 PM.
      -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
      -1993 Cobra- 700rw
      -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
      -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
      -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

i didnt have a gsxr 1k in mind..ill agree on a car setup for DRAG racing beating a stock bike by a bit on the track (zx-14. gsxr 1300, beemer)

i guess my comment was geared towards the street since that is where all these vids are being recorded.

longer swingarm and an airshifter (two miniscule mods) and 9.20's arent so impressive anymore.

Comment

i didnt have a gsxr 1k in mind..ill agree on a car setup for DRAG racing beating a stock bike by a bit on the track (zx-14. gsxr 1300, beemer)

i guess my comment was geared towards the street since that is where all these vids are being recorded.

longer swingarm and an airshifter (two miniscule mods) and 9.20's arent so impressive anymore.
          MPH is the tale for who will win in a street race. I never had a 1000cc bike run anywhere near my 76mm combo. 1200rw +/-. Also raced lots of liter bikes in the GSS shop car and never saw a bike run with it, included several built nitrous bikes.

Am I saying its impossible? Hell no! A properly setup bike making big power should slaughter any street car in reality. Even the TTG's and all that. What I'm saying is a setup 1000hp car will put it on most big CC bikes you run into on the street.
          -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
            Also raced lots of liter bikes in the GSS shop car and never saw a bike run with it, included several built nitrous bikes.
            that's sad lol. when i think built nitrous, i see 200+ hp which should be enough to get it done. i mean, the beemer got it done with a lot less.

i dont hear of too many big cc nitrous street bikes anymore (300hp) because their street manors are gone by that point.

turbo is where it's at, and yes your car is beastly

edit: some of those bike are plated haha

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetr-sPWWFs[/ame]

Comment

that's sad lol. when i think built nitrous, i see 200+ hp which should be enough to get it done. i mean, the beemer got it done with a lot less.

i dont hear of too many big cc nitrous street bikes anymore (300hp) because their street manors are gone by that point.

turbo is where it's at, and yes your car is beastly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetr-sPWWFs
              haha I know that video well. My old Busa was a 1397cc direct port bike. A little over 400rw on spray. Road it on the street very often. Yes with new tech turbo is the ticket, and a 400-500hp Turbo Busa should drag anything that pulls up next to it.

With that being said, it hasn't happened yet.

I've got a friend with a stage 2 turbo Busa I'll be running with my green car this fall. He should put it on me
              -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

true. anything can and will happen on the street. i look forward to seeing that race

Comment

Working...
                X