This dude has some mad RC helicopter skills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This dude has some mad RC helicopter skills

If you've ever tried flying one of these things, I think you'll appreciate this

I remember watching that video when it was new. That guy has some serious skills for sure. I always wanted to get into helis but the price kept me out. I got a Blade CP Pro and couldnt even get the hover nailed. But that isnt really fair either. Everyone says the small electric helis are hell compared to the bigger ones, too twitchy.

Comment

This one might even be better, I can't believe how close to the ground he can fly it upside down!

Comment

I know nothing about helicopters, are the blades reversable? Does the main rotor on RC copters spin one way and swtich the other like a ceiling fan?

That RC can do stuff I've never seen a real helicopter do, so that might explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
          I know nothing about helicopters, are the blades reversable? Does the main rotor on RC copters spin one way and swtich the other like a ceiling fan?

That RC can do stuff I've never seen a real helicopter do, so that might explain it.
          Some have counter rotating blades but not that one. You can reverse the pitch on the blades, which will allow it to change the direction of airflow. Just picture your ceiling fan but twist the blades 30 degrees the opposite direction, it'll do the same thing as reversing rotation. Also the cyclic allows you to angle the blades as needed, which lets you have the really sharp turns.

The skills of the guy flying that helicopter are probably equal to someone like Ben Spies on a sport bike. Considerably better than 99% of everyone else flying one. Try to balance a bowling ball on top of another one and then stand on a board balanced on top, that's about how hard it is to hover one.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

does not change rotation, but changes pitch of the blade + or - degrees.
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

yeah he has mad skills but I bet he is still a virgin.

Comment

theres a guy the goes up to mikes that is pretty sick with the heli
                Originally posted by Yale
                I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                  Some have counter rotating blades but not that one. You can reverse the pitch on the blades, which will allow it to change the direction of airflow. Just picture your ceiling fan but twist the blades 30 degrees the opposite direction, it'll do the same thing as reversing rotation. Also the cyclic allows you to angle the blades as needed, which lets you have the really sharp turns.

The skills of the guy flying that helicopter are probably equal to someone like Ben Spies on a sport bike. Considerably better than 99% of everyone else flying one. Try to balance a bowling ball on top of another one and then stand on a board balanced on top, that's about how hard it is to hover one.
                  May be standing on just one ball, it is quite difficult though. I would wreck my belt cp just about 3/4 of the time. Funny thing is I can fly real helicopters.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post

your almost not entirely wrong , the video also looks sped up to me

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                      I remember watching that video when it was new. That guy has some serious skills for sure. I always wanted to get into helis but the price kept me out. I got a Blade CP Pro and couldnt even get the hover nailed. But that isnt really fair either. Everyone says the small electric helis are hell compared to the bigger ones, too twitchy.
                      You should try Hobby City in Hong Kong. Shipping it expensive but the items are a third the price or even better.
                      They copy all of the good stuff. You can build a copy T-Rex 500 for 300-400 bucks compared to 1200-1300.

I buy all of my batteries and speed controlls from them now. One of my bigger helis uses a 6s 5000 mah battery. 350 bucks here, 58 dollars in hong kong.

Comment

Working...
                      X