Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Base jump fail - Wile E. Coyote would be jealous

393 feet.

This video seems out of a Chuck Jones cartoon of the Roadrunner and the Coyote, but it's real. It happened in Konakova, Russia. A BASE jumper jumped off the top of an electric post, 393 feet (120 meters) over the snow surface below. Unfortunately, his parachute failed.

He probably crashed at about 106 miles per hour (170km/h) but, miraculously, survived the fall thanks to the powdered snow below. All while his friend watched in disbelief, incapable of saying anything else but "pizdets"—which is roughly equivalent to "f***ed", according to one of our Russian-speaking readers.

The man broke his legs, pelvis, and some vertebrae. Fortunately, he was walking again only three months later, showing once again that these Russians are made of iron.

I watched it twice and turned up the volume.. I can't believe SOMEONE didn't yell.. or cuss or pray or something haha
    sucks cause you could tell he was nervous as hell!
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Holy fuck.

Comment

He didn't fucking die? WOW! I've seen people die from 12 ft falls.
        Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

In Russia, the ground slows your parachute jump.

Comment

393 feet and he felt like he had time to do a front flip before attempting to deploy his chute.

Fucking dumb!!!

Comment

lmao
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Saw that on Tosh.0 last night. The poof of snow when he hits is what made me laugh. The looney tunes guys were spot on with what it looks like when you hit, lol.

That snow had to have been pretty deep.
                "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Can you imagine if that was pure concrete? You would need a fire hose to clean up that mess.

Lucky bastard.
                  Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
                  Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                    Saw that on Tosh.0 last night. The poof of snow when he hits is what made me laugh. The looney tunes guys were spot on with what it looks like when you hit, lol.

That snow had to have been pretty deep.
                    Needs the bomb whistle for completeness!

Men have become the tools of their tools.
                    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

lolz

Comment

I guess Russian chutes work just about as well as everything else made there . LOL
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                          I guess Russian chutes work just about as well as everything else made there . LOL
                          exactly what I was thinking when I saw it on Tosh last night.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

and that is why I dont base jump

Comment

The Russians must be some bad ass's or something. The camera guy just nonchalantly goes "whoops" and looks for the stairs.

Here in the States we go, "holy shit, fuck...holy shit, fuck. Oh god, holy shit, fuck." followed by, "HEY! YOU OK DOWN THERE? Holy shit, fuck"!!!
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X