70 JDAM Strikes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 JDAM Strikes

As someone else said, "If you're ever in a firefight with the US military and they put down their guns to grab cameras... well, your shit is about to get WRECKED."

Comment

Before JDAM, we had the B52. And glorious it was.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I need to see if I can find my videos of 500's being dropped across the valley at COP Tillman. They found a cave with munitions and lit that bitch up.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

That's why being a combat controller is the coolest job in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by no4njnk View Post
            That's why being a combat controller is the coolest job in the world.
            I always wished I was a JTAC until I saw that the SF guys they were assigned to treated them like third wheels at the base. Out in the field I am sure it was a different story though. "uh, air burst where and how far up? Go ahead and do your math, I can wait."

Comment

As quoted by the soldier at 6:49, "out-fucking-standing". That's just badass.

Comment

I'm not sure, but wasn't there carpet bombing in Iraq and Afganistan just so the U.S. military could empty some of the stockpile of dummy bombs? Seems like most videos you see online are all smart bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                  I'm not sure, but wasn't there carpet bombing in Iraq and Afganistan just so the U.S. military could empty some of the stockpile of dummy bombs? Seems like most videos you see online are all smart bombs.
                  The jdam bolts to and retrofits dumb bombs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by bigmuskie View Post
                    You might be thinking of the house in Iraq at the beginning of the war. They dropped an inert (blue bomb) on a single house trying to keep the collateral down.

If not in my limited experience I would say no. Everything we pushed of the pointy end was JDAM or laser guided.

Carpet bombing by the AF may have been done in limited fashion by the AF with a BUFF or two in certain situations.

Stockpile is just that. A reserve we really need.

Bombs are expensive, each one we don't drop can buy a new color TV for some poor repressed soul with to many mouths to feed or who really needs a new set of rims.
                    Last edited by Couver; 07-08-2012, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Couver View Post
                      You might be thinking of the house in Iraq at the beginning of the war. The dropped and inert (blue bomb) on a single house trying to keep the collateral down.

If not in my limited experience I would say no. Everything we pushed of the pointy end was JDAM or laser guided.

Carpet bombing by the AF may have been done in limited fashion by the AF with a BUFF or two in certain situations.

Stockpile is just that. A reserve we really need.

Bombs are expensive, each one we don't drop can buy a new color TV for some poor repressed soul with to many mouths to feed or who really needs a new set of rims.
                      Makes sense, and yes, I wasn't aware that JDAMs started out as dumb bombs.

Comment

Was the sounds before impact coming from the bomb or the aircraft that dropped them? I assumed these were usually dropped from a very high altitude. It sounded like they were screaming.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Here's a good one...
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            Here's a good one...
                            annihilated.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              annihilated.
                              That's no shit!

Comment

Working...
                              X