FINALLY got it started...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY got it started...

Long story short - Car hasn't been started in YEARS. Had a new motor, don't know much about it... all I know is it has an E cam and 4:30's. My brother bought it a long time ago, and never got around to doing anything with it. I still have some issues to work out... obviously. Put a 3G alternator on it today because the one that was there was the stock one and the pulley was missing. Now I have some vacuum leaks to chase down and continue tracing some of these un-connected wires! Ugh!

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
    Long story short - Car hasn't been started in YEARS. Had a new motor, don't know much about it... all I know is it has an E cam and 4:30's. My brother bought it a long time ago, and never got around to doing anything with it. I still have some issues to work out... obviously. Put a 3G alternator on it today because the one that was there was the stock one and the pulley was missing. Now I have some vacuum leaks to chase down and continue tracing some of these un-connected wires! Ugh!

How's that RV-7 coming along?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      How's that RV-7 coming along?
      It's not. In fact I'm trying to sell it.

Want to start a family, so the expen$ive aluminum project will have to continue another day. Sucks, but I have no businesses dumping that much $ into something like that right now. Wanna buy it?

Comment

congrats on getting it started. I know how it feels having one sit for a long times and then the first time it starts up. I think mine sat for like 5 years and just now started this year. Might have been longer, maybe 7 years lol. Thats with a new motor in it.

Comment

Want to start a family, so the expen$ive aluminum project will have to continue another day. Sucks, but I have no businesses dumping that much $ into something like that right now. Wanna buy it?
          What are you asking? I'm assuming you have no avionics?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Nice, way to go on your progress. Now keep it up. Those vacuum leaks aren't going to fix themselves.
            Rich

Comment

Didn't you just go through a nasty divorce and already talking about starting a family again?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                Didn't you just go through a nasty divorce and already talking about starting a family again?
                yea you could say that. She cheated on me, I divorced her, in the end she did me a favor. Now I've been dating a girl I've known for 24 years or so and we dated for 2 years about 12 years ago. Things have been going great between us, then again we have always got along great.

No I'm not trying to knock her up this soon either. When I said start a family, I mean put myself in a position where I will have a substantial savings, out of debt, etc. in the next 2 years. With that logic, I have no business trying to build an airplane that I have $18k into with another $82k to go.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  What are you asking? I'm assuming you have no avionics?
                  $13,800. No avionics, just wings, tail, and fuselage.

Comment

Working...
                  X