No announcement yet.

Speed Trap Warning Sign gets woman arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously she is telling a lie, just look at her.
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      This officer chose a poor way to handle the situation, but again, interject yourself into something like this and you can't help but expect something negative to happen.

The officer is fully justified in using radar to obtain PC to stop traffic offenders.

She poked the sleeping dog, and got bit. Geez, I'm so surprised.
      Of course it is her fault, huh deputy dumbass?
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post

All good man.

But as much as everyone thinks speed traps are for generating money alone, they are necessary. Maybe I should say directed radar enforcement is necessary. Other than a fine, how else would you get people to obey speed limits? People slow down when they see an officer running radar. Even if they speed back up a half mile down the road. It helped for a little while.

With that said, I'm not excusing the officer's behavior if she truly was on the sidewalk. However, IF she was walking down the road holding a sign or not, he technically had the right to issue a citation or instanter it.

I would not doubt for a second that she may have stepped on the road at some point. This is the problem though imo. Cops are supposed to be protecting the regular citizens against the criminals. Not finding ways to give regular people tickets. Just because someone is technically breaking a law, doesn't mean they deserve a citation. Cops these days are looking for any reason to start handing out tickets. Weather they are actually doing something dangerous or destructive or not. Society needs police, but we don't need "big brother" watching and judging our every little move. This lady was not hurting anyone.

Besides if you're right and the real reason behind speed traps is to slow drivers down, then she was actually helping the officers. We both know that every person who saw that sign slowed down. So if everyone who read the sign was slowing down, and that's what the cops were trying to accomplish, then why did they get mad? It makes no sense. They WANTED to write tickets, not slow drivers down.
        .223 > 911

Comment

This officer chose a poor way to handle the situation, but again, interject yourself into something like this and you can't help but expect something negative to happen.

The officer is fully justified in using radar to obtain PC to stop traffic offenders.

I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. The cop wanted to prove a point, and he did. That he didn't mind being a dick to someone who was getting in the way of making that money. If the cops goal was to see people slow down on that stretch of road, shouldn't he have been a bit more considerate?

Comment

What a piece of shit cop.

You can't even read the sign if you're going fast enough to get caught in the speed trap lol!

Comment

Which one of you was this?

"Joseph • Irving, Texas • 2 mins 39 secs ago

i am a private citizen and this is my view; if women want to travel for free on our roads they must be accompanied by another man just that our women can stay safe under these special conditions, the reason i say this is because i love to keep our women safe at all times, i am sorry if you disagree with me. I APPRECIATE CARING POLICE,GOOD WORK."
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                I wish cops would get back to just serving and protecting.
                This is where you're wrong, police officers catch more criminals via routine 'contacts' ( which they are required to hit, however they do not have a ticket quota ). They find more people with warrants, stolen cars, etc just by catching them going 5 mph over in a speed trap or having no front license plate, etc... The likelihood of them stopping or catching criminals in the act is just too remote.

However, while the method of 'contacts' may work, its stupidly inefficient and it sets cops up to be fucking retards similar to 03trubluGT. Patrol officers start to feel they are performing actual police work. This in turn lowers the requirements for the position and dumbs everyone else down that they end up being so stupid and small minded when real stuff happens they do not know how to handle the situation because the police force is able to hire retards to come hit the siren whenever the OCR in the computer finds someone with warrants.

There are much smarter precincts out there ( typically not in Texas ). Some of them in large rural areas ( large like DFW ), have algorithms similar to the drop down on Googles search engine that tells them likely locations that criminal activity will be, and instead of letting the cops pick where they want to go, it tells them where they need to patrol and sets their route based on time of day, day of the week, and projected criminal activity. The result has proven to lower crime rates just via presence and with more interaction in the places that need which helps people feel safer and secure, not like they are being ignored and can lower racial tension. Of course, cities like Dallas would lose a huge revenue stream and this is one of the main reasons why its not more widespread ( plus it costs a fair bit to setup ). If we had a state tax, then perhaps we would see more of its implementation in the lone star state.

As with everything, we should be thinking smarter not harder. If the job requires 3472938472 police officers, we are doing it wrong.

Comment

You make some good points, but there is one major detail you overlooked. The police catch these people by pulling them over, not giving them tickets. If they just checked people out sometimes then it wouldn't be a big deal. All these excuses for cops taking hard earned money out of peoples pockets is just a bunch of bullshit.
                  .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                    You make some good points, but there is one major detail you overlooked. The police catch these people by pulling them over, not giving them tickets. If they just checked people out sometimes then it wouldn't be a big deal. All these excuses for cops taking hard earned money out of peoples pockets is just a bunch of bullshit.
                    That is the vast majority of what they do, contacts unless you got warrants, no insurance, or other legit shit. I wasn't defending them by any means, using antiquated techniques is laughable to me.

Comment

My understanding is, I would do her in the butt.

Comment

This is a really stupid statement. So by choosing to exercise her right to the 1st amendment she should expect to have someone illegally arrest her? Wow.

Last edited by Jr347; 06-29-2012, 08:25 AM.

Comment

My thoughts too.

Sent from my iPhone
                          2004 Suzuki DL650
                          1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
                            I'm sorry, but I don't buy it. The cop wanted to prove a point, and he did. That he didn't mind being a dick to someone who was getting in the way of making that money. If the cops goal was to see people slow down on that stretch of road, shouldn't he have been a bit more considerate?
                            I agree. If the cops intention was just that, hell this girl would be helping him deter speeders. Proof that its all in the revenue generation and she was blocking that attempt. Fucking bullshit. Also, why is it you see most of these crackdowns and operations at the end of the month? Coincidence?

Comment

They should use the speeding ticket money to buy some Round Up and kill the damn weeds on that sidewalk.

Comment

I'd make her take a shower and then I would hit it, she has to leave her glasses on though.

What a crock of shit, jack booted thugs in action.
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X