Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Trap Warning Sign gets woman arrested

Don't know how to embed this. Wow.

Stupid cops abusing their power, what else is new.

Comment

I expect better from the HPD.

Oh no, wait, no I don't.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Sound about right. Obstructing justice to standing in a roadway huh? Again, where's the police outrage? There is none and this is why people are getting fucking fed up.
        2004 Suzuki DL650
        1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

welcome to 4th ward bitch.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I believe it has already been upheld as freedom of speech. I'm a cop and I don't agree with being arrested for holding up a sign. Probably because you can't be.

However, walking in a roadway where a sidewalk is provided is an actual offense. I have written that ticket before (repeat calls on panhandlers).
            2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

This officer chose a poor way to handle the situation, but again, interject yourself into something like this and you can't help but expect something negative to happen.

The officer is fully justified in using radar to obtain PC to stop traffic offenders.

She poked the sleeping dog, and got bit. Geez, I'm so surprised.

Comment

lol
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

That HPD officer should get transferred to Ellison.

When we drove to Colorado Springs and back last week I noticed a billboard that said "Ellison is a Speed Trap!"

That cop would have a coronary.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    This officer chose a poor way to handle the situation, but again, interject yourself into something like this and you can't help but expect something negative to happen.

The officer is fully justified in using radar to obtain PC to stop traffic offenders.

That's is all fine and good, but is she fully justified in holding up a sign next to the road? I don't know the law, but if that isn't illegal there is no excuses for the officers actions.

Comment

Is it illegal to warn others of a speed trap ahead?

Comment

Originally posted by JamisonFRC View Post
                        I believe it has already been upheld as freedom of speech. I'm a cop and I don't agree with being arrested for holding up a sign. Probably because you can't be.

However, walking in a roadway where a sidewalk is provided is an actual offense. I have written that ticket before (repeat calls on panhandlers).
                        I can understand trying to get rid of panhandlers, I wish cops would do that more often.

These guys were just pissed that she was screwing with their revenue generating scheme. They couldn't legally take away her right to free speech like they wanted to, so they gave her a bullshit ticket. If cops are allowed to "hide" on the side of the road, then we should be able to let people know without worrying about them taking advantage of their power.

I wish cops would get back to just serving and protecting. There are so many things that they could be doing to help society. Yet at least half of them are out doing shit like this, taking more money out of regular people's pockets.

BTW only the 1st sentence was aimed at you JamisonFRC.
                        .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post

When you put it that way, it sounds like they're more of a gang than peace officers.
                          .223 > 911

Comment

Originally posted by sosoe View Post
                            Is it illegal to warn others of a speed trap ahead?
                            My understanding is that it has already been established, under case law, as freedom of speech.

I don't have the desire to google it, but feel free.

Originally posted by SouthernSVT View Post
                            I can understand trying to get rid of panhandlers, I wish cops would do that more often.

These guys were just pissed that she was screwing with their revenue generating scheme. They couldn't legally take away her right to free speech like they wanted to, so they gave her a bullshit ticket. If cops are allowed to "hide" on the side of the road, then we should be able to let people know without worrying about them taking advantage of their power.

I wish cops would get back to just serving and protecting. There are so many things that they could be doing to help society. Yet at least half of them are out doing shit like this, taking more money out of regular people's pockets.

BTW only the 1st sentence was aimed at you JamisonFRC.
                            All good man.

But as much as everyone thinks speed traps are for generating money alone, they are necessary. Maybe I should say directed radar enforcement is necessary. Other than a fine, how else would you get people to obey speed limits? People slow down when they see an officer running radar. Even if they speed back up a half mile down the road. It helped for a little while.

With that said, I'm not excusing the officer's behavior if she truly was on the sidewalk. However, IF she was walking down the road holding a sign or not, he technically had the right to issue a citation or instanter it.
                            2007 Chevy TBSS

Comment

This was in comments section.

this little girl got a bike for xmas. whe was out riding it when a police officer on a horse approached her. he gets of his horse and starts asking if santa brought her the bike as a gift. the girl replies, yes. the cop writes her a ticket and say make sure you tell santa that reflector are to be put on the bike. he climbs back on his horse and the girl ask, did santa bring you the horse. the police officer responds, yes. the girl says, well tell santa that the dick goes under the horse.

Comment

Working...
                              X