7175 Toyota Supra 950hp vs a 7175 Turbo Ford Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
    I have a question... What exactly goes into making a car hook at 60mph vs 100mph? Wouldn't the real display of a chassis' ability to hook be from a dead stop? Or am I way out of line here?
    Youre way in the lines if what hook means, and your car does it well. I always take time to stop what I'm doing when I see you're in the staging lanes.

Wills supra can hook from a dig, all the other ricers that need high mph rolls are lame..

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by john98gt View Post
      Didn't know you wantred to run?
      messaged you a couple times to set something up at diplomacy or where ever. Beach is a dam wild goose chase it's fun but a pain in the ass. I like your car just wanna see how i stack up! lol
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BoostedGT View Post
        I have a question... What exactly goes into making a car hook at 60mph vs 100mph? Wouldn't the real display of a chassis' ability to hook be from a dead stop? Or am I way out of line here?
        My chassis/tire setup is much different for street vs. track.

Different tires, different springs, different shock settings, etc...

Also the tune up changes with timing and how boost is ramped in per gear, I've never been able to spray on the street but getting the car to hook on spray at the track is pretty easy
        -1997 Supra- mid 8 second street car
        -1993 Cobra- 700rw
        -2012 CTS-V- 9 second daily driver
        -1991 Coupe- LSA/TT/4L80 in the making
        -2007 GSXR 1000- built turbo bike

Comment

• Originally posted by Junkie View Post
          60-180 is my race FYI. not 100-xxx, people that do 100mph rolls need to learn to make the car hook. My car is setup to be able to go to any event and work, its not a 1 trick pony. Thats not me taking away from your car in any way, just saying I wanted a car that could do 1/8, 1/4, roll ons, Texas Invitational, Texas Mile, Texas 2k, etc....
          Can you drift that bitch too? Badass car Will!!

Sorry my car runs in the 1/8th.. I'll be doing some changes, maybe we'll do 1/8 and 1/4 runs.

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          dude.. put a cage in it.. im only a half way competent welder, but i'll do it.. if you're running in the 5's with NOTHING then that makes you the next DBM (death by mustang) think smarter not faster!
          lol.. thanks
          Cage going in next after a few stuff, that needs to be done

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
          Youre way in the lines if what hook means, and your car does it well. I always take time to stop what I'm doing when I see you're in the staging lanes.

Wills supra can hook from a dig, all the other ricers that need high mph rolls are lame..
          So 60mph roll aren't lame?? lmao

Comment

• Originally posted by Junkie View Post
            60-180 is my race FYI. not 100-xxx, people that do 100mph rolls need to learn to make the car hook. My car is setup to be able to go to any event and work, its not a 1 trick pony. Thats not me taking away from your car in any way, just saying I wanted a car that could do 1/8, 1/4, roll ons, Texas Invitational, Texas Mile, Texas 2k, etc....
            You didn't mean to be disrespectful, but you just punked his ass.

I don't know you Francisco, and I'm sure your car is good at what it does, but you're car is in a completely different class.

Comment

• What makes me lol is clearly the mike and fransisco have no idea about what junkies supra is capable of.. they are stuck in 2000 when 1000 hp supras ran 12s
              2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                What makes me lol is clearly the mike and fransisco have no idea about what junkies supra is capable of.. they are stuck in 2000 when 1000 hp supras ran 12s
                Lol! I know what it's capable of. That's why I think it's badass. I figure it's runs low 9s or maybe even mid 8s in the 1/4 at around 170? Idk just guessing. I'd also be willing to bet it runs low 6s high 5s in the 1/8 if not quicker, at about 120-130?

Will has that supra down, I know what it can do.. Sir.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

• Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  Lol! I know what it's capable of. That's why I think it's badass. I figure it's runs low 9s or maybe even mid 8s in the 1/4 at around 170? Idk just guessing. I'd also be willing to bet it runs low 6s high 5s in the 1/8 if not quicker, at about 120-130?

Will has that supra down, I know what it can do.. Sir.
                  lies!!! everyone knows supras cant break out of the 12s!!!!!!!
                  2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    You didn't mean to be disrespectful, but you just punked his ass.

I don't know you Francisco, and I'm sure your car is good at what it does, but you're car is in a completely different class.
                    Yeah he punked me by wanting to race a 700hp car to his 14million hp car. Sure he did

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                    What makes me lol is clearly the mike and fransisco have no idea about what junkies supra is capable of.. they are stuck in 2000 when 1000 hp supras ran 12s
                    LOL.. you're wrong buddy. I know it was in high 8's.
                    what will it run now? 8.6's

Comment

• Still lol @ 700'hp car.. Still trying to sandbag
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

Comment

Still lol @ 700'hp car.. Still trying to sandbag
                        lol... ok ok 800hp? My car doesn't make 1000hp

Comment

I bought my Z from SW down in Austin 1998, he had 2 Supra's, one auto and the other stick, they were ripping ass from a dig back then. I love them but they are a wee bit pricey, hence why I have entertained shoving the 2JZ in something a wee bit cheaper.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                            Can you drift that bitch too? Badass car Will!!

Sorry my car runs in the 1/8th.. I'll be doing some changes, maybe we'll do 1/8 and 1/4 runs.

lol.. thanks
                            Cage going in next after a few stuff, that needs to be done

So 60mph roll aren't lame?? lmao
                            Yeah man do a cage ASAP for sure! My car has a certed 10pt now and I'm much more confident in the car. I'm going to look into a HANS device soon

Originally posted by FRANCISCO308 View Post
                            Yeah he punked me by wanting to race a 700hp car to his 14million hp car. Sure he did

LOL.. you're wrong buddy. I know it was in high 8's.
                            what will it run now? 8.6's
                            Didn't mean to "punk" anybody, I think thats pretty obvious. I'm not into degrading people on the internet, but I do like drag racing

It should go mid 8's now, my best pass so far on a short track was 5.71@137

Originally posted by Zfan View Post
                            I bought my Z from SW down in Austin 1998, he had 2 Supra's, one auto and the other stick, they were ripping ass from a dig back then. I love them but they are a wee bit pricey, hence why I have entertained shoving the 2JZ in something a wee bit cheaper.
                            a 2J with cams/67mm would run low low 9's in your car all day long!
                            -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

• Any vids of that supra? That mph is sick!

Comment

• Originally posted by JMAC View Post
                                Any vids of that supra? That mph is sick!
                                -Full street trim at the track
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcqDLfJgHOQ&list=FLtiWM6uhUlxobd00A9saduA& index=38&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyJkO_9XFDA&list=FLtiWM6uhUlxobd00A9saduA& index=35&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

7min mark
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxTAbxIAMU4&list=FLtiWM6uhUlxobd00A9saduA& index=36&feature=plpp_video[/ame]

New combo is no longer a 76mm, the car is still a 6spd though
                                -1993 Cobra- 700rw

Comment

Working...
                                X