Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking For Opinions And Ideas On My Cheby Truck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Opinions And Ideas On My Cheby Truck.

So I picked up this 1996 Silverado a few months back as a shop truck. Never cared for Chevrolet but for some reason I really love this truck. I decided I am gonna stay away from the fancy cars for a bit and concentrate on allowing my shop to grow. So I figure in addition to my parts hauler I would also make the truck my daily driver. Like the way the truck drives and its in spectacular shape so no sense in selling it because I couldn't get a truck as nice for what this thing books at.

I have overhauled the brakes from master to drums and just redid the AC system with new seals, drier and compressor. Redid the exhaust on the cheap too. Also installed a Pioneer deck and have many MB Quart parts on the way to give it a nice system on the cheap. Components, single 10" sub and a couple smaller amps. That of course means I also need an alarm so may as well get one with remote start.

I plan on replacing the cracked windshield and tinting the windows a bit darker this week. I still want to personalize the truck a bit but am at a loss as what to do. I don't want to lower it or put aftermarket wheels on it or neon and stickers. LOL.

I was just thinking maybe some clear corners (frosted style) up front and a pair of nerf bars to match the bed rails. Any other ideas that wont make it look stupid like a kids truck or like a lawn workers truck?

Anyone have experience with the Hypertech Econ? I would like some better mileage. Also whats the shock of choice for a nice ride? It looks to still be on OEM shocks.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

First thing I would do is get rid of that POS plastic bed liner and either get just a good rubber mat or some kind rhino type paint on liner. It would also look much cleaner if you got rid of the black rubber piece going down the side and do away with the old man pipe rails.

Comment

I'd start with a line-x bra. Seriously though, clear corners are about the only thing I would change on the outside. I think the wheels are fine but I would want the white letter tires turned around. If I were to do anything else, it would have to start with painting it a better color.

Comment

A brown chevy shop truck..... Just drive the damn thing until something breaks and then fix it. Maybe get Sirius/XM if you want to get fancy, but other than that I wouldn't waste my time or money.

Comment

Good tunes is a must. Spend enough time in the truck to warrent it. I am not looking for anything fancy. I guess I am just too used to having something different and there are a million Silverados out there in this color.

Guess I will just freshen up all the light lenses, tint it and call it a day on the outside.
          Planning on having a couple magnetic signs printed up similar to my cards for the doors.

Being the truck is 16 years old and still has its original paint I wouldnt want to remove the rub stips for fear of chipping the paint or having a darker gold stripe under it. LOL
          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Id ditch those tips.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
              Id ditch those tips.
              x2 i would go back with the factory style exhaust
              2003 oxford white cobra whipple powered corn fed
              2018 F150 RCSB 5.0

Comment

Thats just not gonna happen. Too much time spent making a true dual on it and I like the tone. Plus I like the tips.

Going outside to figure out what I want to do it seems I should just freshen and update it a little. New rear lenses because the ones I have are milky. Do the same up front for the same reason and get rid of the amber corners. The mirrors housings are chipped like crazy so maybe repaint them or slap some chrome covers over them and call it a day.

I would like better mileage though and am really curious how well (or not well) the Hypertech E-Con works.

Comment

How bout leave it alone. Looks decent.
                  Originally posted by Yale
                  I want to give her a colonoscopy with my tongue.

Comment

I'd roll it as is!
                    2012 GT500

Comment

How much time did you spend on making it true duals?
                      Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

A couple hours. Bought some parts store chambered mufflers and some bent exhaust pupie then cut and welded it together.

Comment

Put the money you're willing to spend on the truck toward your shop.

Comment

just drive the thing
                            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Get Crash to pin stripe/stencil in your shop name and number on the sides in something tasteful and appealing with the truck.
                              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                              X