Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chili View Post
    Look at the link Danny posted.

I didn't need a spring compressor on my old mustang either, but impact wrench was useful in removing the strut bolt on those.
    Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
    Remove top hat bolt, raise car, remove bottom strut bolts and shock, remove spring, repeat in rear (depending on how it's setup) Only difference in the rear is you have to take apart the trunk/lining and the shock/spring are 1 piece, but the shock will prevent the rear being low enough to squeeze the spring out. Now with spring compressors I've done it without loosening anything in the rear.

This is very general as I've never worked on any mustang never than an sn95 NE.
    Yeah, looking at the top of the strut, it looks like I'd need some sort of special wrench to get to the nut or a impact to get directly on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      Yeah, looking at the top of the strut, it looks like I'd need some sort of special wrench to get to the nut or a impact to get directly on it.
      quit being a pussy and get some muscle behind it
      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
        To compress the spring, duh.

But no, how else do you get the spring out of the mount?
        Jack the LCA up by the ball joint, remove the strut bolts from the spindle, release the jack slowly and it uncompresses the assembly and the springs literally falls off the strut. The lowering spring is shorter, and you can hand thread the strut nut to the strut mount off the car.

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
        doesnt pep boys and Vato zone rent out spring compressors??
        Doesn't matter.

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
        I know, that's how I did my e36 last year. But they may make it a tad easier.
        It'll make it a longer job, actually.

Break it loose up top while the car is on the ground, and when you raise the car and decompress the suspension you can remove the nut with hand tools.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          Jesus dude, don't blow a gasket. It's lowering springs, not an OHC head job.
          What kind of response are you expecting with your constant drama starting jabs? If you wanted to be helpful, you could have but you chose to be a jerk instead, as usual. You don't like me, I get it. So just leave me alone if you don't want to be cool.

Comment

What kind of response are you expecting with your constant drama starting jabs? If you wanted to be helpful, you could have but you chose to be a jerk instead, as usual. You don't like me, I get it. So just leave me alone if you don't want to be cool.

Jeeeesus Christ. If anyone else would have posted about how hard it was to do lowering springs on a brand spanking new Mustang I would've responded the same. At least I'm not sitting here telling you you paid WAY too much for a slow car, like you did when Danny had just got his, only to turn around and buy the same goddamned thing. Go take a Vicodin and calm the fuck down.

Comment

Jeeeesus Christ. If anyone else would have posted about how hard it was to do lowering springs on a brand spanking new Mustang I would've responded the same. At least I'm not sitting here telling you you paid WAY too much for a slow car, like you did when Danny had just got his, only to turn around and buy the same goddamned thing. Go take a Vicodin and calm the fuck down.
              Do you see Danny holding a grudge over it? No. So why are you? He knows damn well I love his car and he's the one who inspired me to get one and mod it accordingly. He's even come out to the meet to hang out and BS and guess what, we got along just fine. Perhaps you should try to do the same, or fuck off.

Comment

Do you see Danny holding a grudge over it? No. So why are you? He knows damn well I love his car and he's the one who inspired me to get one and mod it accordingly. He's even come out to the meet to hang out and BS and guess what, we got along just fine. Perhaps you should try to do the same, or fuck off.

I'd hardly call making a comparison holding a grudge. Once again, it's all about defects in other people, when you're the one that took things personally. lol @ you.

Comment

I'd hardly call making a comparison holding a grudge. Once again, it's all about defects in other people, when you're the one that took things personally. lol @ you.
                  Get over it, people aren't perfect, I'm not, you're not. The world is an imperfect place, just accept it. So come out of your emo hipster closet, quit cutting yourself, jerking off to bad F list movies and lighten the fuck up with your asshole attitude. There is no need for it, we can get along just fine if you make an attempt.

Comment

Get over it, people aren't perfect, I'm not, you're not. The world is an imperfect place, just accept it. So come out of your emo hipster closet, quit cutting yourself, jerking off to bad F list movies and lighten the fuck up with your asshole attitude. There is no need for it, we can get along just fine if you make an attempt.
                    Will you motherfuckers shut up already? Shit.
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      shut up don.. its a bussy day at work and these 2 going back and forth is actually amusing

2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Steve, I'd say wholeheartedly that the person in desperate need of getting over something and lightning up in this thread is YOU. I mean, have you read your replies to it? lmao You should drop the Eminem off your playlist today and throw on some Sarah Mclachlan before you start shitting bloody ulcers.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post

I will bitchslap you back to Africa.

Comment

Steve, I'd say wholeheartedly that the person in desperate need of getting over something and lightning up in this thread is YOU. I mean, have you read your replies to it? lmao You should drop the Eminem off your playlist today and throw on some Sarah Mclachlan before you start shitting bloody ulcers.
                            It's a direct result of your constant insults and jabs. What kind of response are you expecting? You're an asshole, I'm going to treat you as such until your behavior towards me changes. You're the one who tells me to own your defects, so you can do the same. I've told you before, I don't want a beef with you, but you persist.

Comment

Originally posted by white_lightning View Post
                              shut up don.. Its a bussy day at work and these 2 going back and forth is actually amusing

:d:d:d
                              *slap*

Comment

It's a direct result of your constant insults and jabs. What kind of response are you expecting? You're an asshole, I'm going to treat you as such until your behavior towards me changes. You're the one who tells me to own your defects, so you can do the same. I've told you before, I don't want a beef with you, but you persist.

You're going to singlehandedly teach me how to not be an asshole? Best of luck! While you're at it, I hear that those brown fellows in the Middle East could use some help negotiating peace!

Comment

Working...
                                X