• Time
  • Show
Clear All

59,500 acres
    50% contained
    189 homes destroyed

Comment

All part of nature.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Hate to see gorgeous wooded areas in places like that burning - but it'll bounce back quick enough. Personal losses really blow though.
        Originally posted by MR EDD
        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'm in Fort Collins now... Here's the view right now.

~70,000 acres burned and still going.

The wind finally shifted and gave us a clear shot of the plume instead of blowing it back at us.

This smoke plume is headed NE hundreds of miles over CO, WY, and NE.

Going to try to hike toward the south edge of it tomorrow.
          Last edited by Strychnine; 06-25-2012, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Un-fucking-real.

These pics are from the Waldo Canyon fire in Colorado Springs.

Comment

My college roomate is flying one of the Wyoming Air National Guard C130s fighting the Colorado Springs fires. He has some pretty good pictures and movies on his facebook account.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Holy shit

Comment

that sucks ass but the beetles were going to take most of the forest anyway, just sucks that homes were lost. I was there last July and learned of the beetle issues, dead wood everywhere up by Estes park.

Comment

My 16 year old and I drove to Colorado Springs on Wednesday for the Air Force Midget Showcase and he snapped this with his iPhone 3Gs on Friday:

When we left Sunday, I stopped by a fire station to pick up a Colorado Springs fire t-shirt and the guys had just gotten back from the mountain. Talk about a tireless job.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleen781 View Post
                      that sucks ass but the beetles were going to take most of the forest anyway, just sucks that homes were lost. I was there last July and learned of the beetle issues, dead wood everywhere up by Estes park.
                      Not in the springs. The majority of the pine beetle infestation is further north, all of Colorado is supremely dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        Not in the springs. The majority of the pine beetle infestation is further north, all of Colorado is supremely dry.
                        I keep forgetting that Colorado was part of the dust bowl and is just as dry as other places. Tend to only think of the snow covered mountains/ski areas.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

the old lady has been in CO Springs all week. said its hard to breathe.

god bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

It's really hard to breaf and I have a pain in my schess.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              It's really hard to breaf and I have a pain in my schess.
                              haha! i love it!

god bless.
                              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

BTW, i'm not sure where the vid was filmed, but I think this is what they mean when they say "last ditch effort"

When they're dropping fire retardant in your back yard, it's probably time to say goodbye to all your shit.

Last edited by Strychnine; 06-29-2012, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X