new toy at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new toy at work

This is being installed at my work they've been working on it for the last 3 weeks almost complete. This is going to be one bad ass machine.

bad ass machine, what do you produce. just got a CNC plasma back in october with a 5' x 10' water table it has plasma ability up to 1" thick beond that it has an on board torch capable of cutting 4" thick max speed is 700 ipm . although i have to load sheets of steel one at a time that machine looks like it has all the bells and whistles you should have lots of fun making govt. projects

Comment

Damm........what I could do with that thing. Bad ass.
      "Racing is life.....everything else is just waiting" - Steve McQueen

Comment

Originally posted by longshot View Post
        bad ass machine, what do you produce. just got a CNC plasma back in october with a 5' x 10' water table it has plasma ability up to 1" thick beond that it has an on board torch capable of cutting 4" thick max speed is 700 ipm . although i have to load sheets of steel one at a time that machine looks like it has all the bells and whistles you should have lots of fun making govt. projects
        Company I work for makes products for medical,ac,industrial,consumer goods hell they make just about anything. Close tolerance +/- .005 to .010 on a lot of things. most common is +/- .020. Huge step forward for us as a company.

Comment

We have one at ours (punch and bender) and the whole project was mismanaged by the top players. Skimped on training (minimal), simulation software and preventative maintenance. The whole thing was a boon doggle. Suffice to say, we have a machine not running efficiently and "they" have the gall to say it's a piece of crap.

Be sure your group pays and gets the training! Be sure to do the PMs! The machine can do SO much when used properly.

Oh, and it's pretty sweet when it's running.
          "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
            We have one at ours (punch and bender) and the whole project was mismanaged by the top players. Skimped on training (minimal), simulation software and preventative maintenance. The whole thing was a boon doggle. Suffice to say, we have a machine not running efficiently and "they" have the gall to say it's a piece of crap.

Be sure your group pays and gets the training! Be sure to do the PMs! The machine can do SO much when used properly.

Oh, and it's pretty sweet when it's running.
            I hope my company understands the pm part of it. It's a precision machine and has to be maintained. You cant spend that much on a machine and not train personal properly on its use and function.

Comment

Is that all it does is plaz?

Comment

Originally posted by redfiveohconv View Post
                Is that all it does is plaz?
                lol fiber optic laser> plaz

Comment

Working...
                X