Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live Weatherman caught "faking" weather

lmao, moron.

A Romanian TV weatherman has put a new spin on the phrase "having sand kicked in your face," after he was caught faking a storm during a live news report.

The Metro reports that the reporter was filing a story about heavy winds along the Black Sea coast, which were gusting at more than 60 mph.
    At least, the winds were blowing that hard before the weatherman began filing his report. But by the time he went live, the winds had apparently died down.

So in an attempt to recreate the stormy conditions, the reporter had a production assistant begin kicking sand in his direction. The reporter then told viewers, "The wind blows with incredible power; there are moments when it is impossible to stand up here. The wind blows the sand at over 60 km per hour. It blew away the beach umbrellas and the tourists had to leave in a hurry."

However, the production assistant failed to get out of camera range, meaning that his "special effect" efforts were caught live on camera.

Interesting, the station hasn't reprimanded the pair. Instead, they released a statement claiming the footage "was not doctored" but that the whole affair was nothing more than "a bad joke made by the cameraman."

Even better, Gawker notes that the station itself is called "The Reality TV."

HAHA! That's freaking funny
    Karussell White - 2010 Genesis Coupe R-Spec 6MT 2.0T -

Comment

It's Romania they probably can't find another qualified guy to do the weather lol.
      2004 Suzuki DL650
      1996 Hy-Tek Hurricane 103

Comment

I dislike all the hype weathermen create.

In Florida a few years ago we had a rush of hurricanes so every chance they got they had to put everyone into panic.

There was a hurricane off the coast, probably 100 or so miles, I don't recall honestly, but it wasn't coming towards us. The weatherman was out near some homes reporting how dangerous this hurricane is and how ferocious the winds are. The camera man is zoomed into a gutter on a roof that is flapping all over the place, you would have thought there was a tornado across the street. Right before they go back to the news room they zoom out and it's a damn broken/loose gutter. There are people outside walking their dogs and talking to their neighbors... ...
        Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
        Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
          I dislike all the hype weathermen create.

In Florida a few years ago we had a rush of hurricanes so every chance they got they had to put everyone into panic.

There was a hurricane off the coast, probably 100 or so miles, I don't recall honestly, but it wasn't coming towards us. The weatherman was out near some homes reporting how dangerous this hurricane is and how ferocious the winds are. The camera man is zoomed into a gutter on a roof that is flapping all over the place, you would have thought there was a tornado across the street. Right before they go back to the news room they zoom out and it's a damn broken/loose gutter. There are people outside walking their dogs and talking to their neighbors... ...

That shit pisses me off too. No responsibility whatsoever.

Comment

Haha what morons!

Comment

LOL, I love these types of videos

Comment

In Houston a while ago there was a "huge storm" that wasn't panning out as the media had hoped, so the local news moron was outside at a gas station. The camera opened with the shot filled with tons of "rain" then they panned back to the reporter and you see they were just filming roof runoff just below the eaves. The news crew was in nothing more than some drizzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Hmbre97 View Post
                  I love how his wide stance turned nonchalant once he was outed.

Comment

The best fake news reporter...

Comment

Working...
                    X