Anybody know how to do this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know how to do this?

I want to make tables like these with my own logos. It seemed like maybe the decal was put on the table and then covered with some sort of hard clear coat. I'm retarded when it comes to stuff like this. Thanks for any help.

Yes, I am actually saving all kinds of beer caps to make a table with. Lay out what you want and pour some poly-urathane over it!
    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

I have heard that before but it just seems too easy. Maybe that's all there is to it. I hope so!

Comment

Comment

Either build the table to be inset, or make a frame you can remove when your done. It's pretty easy man.
          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Alot of people use polyurethane, however it tends to amber after a while. There are several different types of coating that will work. The thinner you make the design underneath, the longer the table will last, usually.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My dad used to have a biz making resin poured plaques . He would laminate anything that was paper and pour a resin mixture over it after it was attached to a wood board for a base . I will find out what the resin was called but I remember the trick was to use a small torch and heat the resin as it set so the air bubles would settle out . I have a couple car plaques he made me in the garage . He would route and paint the edges to finish it off . The have never yellowed and they are 10 plus years old .
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

A family member of mine does concrete polishing and has done logos like that on floors and as well counter tops.

Comment

Working...
                X