Some pics of my 38 project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redrocket5.0 View Post
    Tell me more about this 35, post some pics.
    I have no pics on my computer and the car is at my friends and has been for a few years. The backstory on the car is my Great-Great Grandfather bought it new in Missouri and has been passed down through the years. In the 70s my grandad had it with a 283 and 3spd and with all four of his kids in the car "supposedly" ran away from a 440 roadrunner.
    My plans for the car are gonna be rat rodish, no cutting of frame or body, no hood, leave the 4 leaf springs on them (probably have new softer ones made) and probably an ls motor with a carb looking efi and 6spd, boxing in the frame etc. I'm hoping to get my car to my friends shop (who won the Riddler Award this year) to have him help me.

Comment

Did you get that from Craigslist? It looks like one I have seen on there.

I wish I had the time, energy, knowledge and money for a project like that. Sadly something of that scale is way more than I would ever complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Did you get that from Craigslist? It looks like one I have seen on there.

I wish I had the time, energy, knowledge and money for a project like that. Sadly something of that scale is way more than I would ever complete.
        No, it was a local car, friend of my dad's had it and I picked it up for 200 bucks. He has a bunch of stuff laying around. I already have the steel to build my frame and the rearend is gonna be an 8.8 with a set of SVE control arms. To easy to make that work. I am undecided if I'm gonna straight axle nose up, or suicide slammed axle. And yes, its gonna have a ford motor in it.

Comment

[QUOTE=76 Maverick;700435]Nice project.... now how much for the maverick? [/QUOTE

The Maverick is actually my girls car. She loves that thing and will not sell it. She bought it for 150.00 bucks 6 years ago. Its a beast it wont die. has the inline 6cylinder in it. I drive it every once in a while.

Comment

Working...
          X