One Bad Hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Bad Hog

One shot of 22-250 between the eyes and 7 shots of 9mm to the head before this big boy called it quits. And I dont mean that he was on the ground squirming. It took all that to get him off his all 4's. I went to relaod before he finally fell to the ground and give up. The toughest one to date.

Photobucket

Damn, thats a hell of a hog.
    Those muscled up bastards, have a will to live like no other.
    I had one take nine rounds from a sks, and still jumped up at me when I got close.
    81' chevy rcswb truck bagged on duce dubs- ls1/4L60e
    78' chevy rcswb truck-l92 headed-lq4/4l80e, 4:10's
    94' ecswb chevy with lq4/4l80e, under the knife!
    67' caddy vert
    Pit Bulls are one of the most stable people-friendly dogs in existence. The National Canine Temperament Testing Association tested 122 breeds, and Pit Bulls placed the 4th highest with a 95% passing rate!

Comment

Once they get their adrenaline going they are one tough critter
      "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
      East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
      https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

.22-250 not the best hog medicine... Good kill/riddance none the less!
        Never used more than 1 shot with my .308.
        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
          Being able to shoot it in the head 8 times I'm guessing it was in a trap.

Comment

Digging the hanging device, I need to check into one of those.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
              Digging the hanging device, I need to check into one of those.
              My neighbor's Uncle welded up and "L" shaped one that in removable from the receiver hitch on his truck. It utilizes a crank and pulley set-up from a boat trailer. Works great. Just back the truck over to where the pig/deer is and crank it up.

Comment

Should've used a 10mm - 3,742,916 confirmed one shot, one kills.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

If It's put through the ear they'll never take another step. If It's a little to far back they'll run a little ways but not too far. The main problem with the between the eyes shot is the angle a pig usually holds their head isn't optimal for penetration with light bullets.
                  "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

^but why limit yourself to a caliber that you only have 1 option on shot placement?

With my .308, there are many options on shot placement for 1 shot kills. Any spot on the head, in the chest, texas heart shot, etc
                    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Wayne is the the fucking pig exterminator! Solid hog, bro!
                      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                      Semper Fi

Comment

^but why limit yourself to a caliber that you only have 1 option on shot placement?

With my .308, there are many options on shot placement for 1 shot kills. Any spot on the head, in the chest, texas heart shot, etc
                        You're not limited at all if the right bullet is being used, problem is pretty much all off the shelfammo is varmint load not a well built game bullet.
                        "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                          Should've used a 10mm - 3,742,916 confirmed one shot, one kills.
                          10mm might have turned that hog inside out from 100 yards, no useful meat.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                            Being able to shoot it in the head 8 times I'm guessing it was in a trap.
                            Correct. The trick was keeping him in the trap. He had the, "you or I is gonna die" look about him. There was no doubt that he was gonna come after me if he were to get loose. I'd put a 9mm in his head and his front legs would buckle a bit, then he'd straighten'em back up and continue the fight. He was like a bull in a small pen full of snakes.
                            Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              If It's put through the ear they'll never take another step. If It's a little to far back they'll run a little ways but not too far. The main problem with the between the eyes shot is the angle a pig usually holds their head isn't optimal for penetration with light bullets.
                              Yeah, but he squared off with me and I didnt want him to get riled up. Ear shot is usually what I take. The 7 rounds of 9 to the head was just random as the sob wouldnt sit pretty.
                              Photobucket

Comment

Working...
                              X